HybridZ

LS1/T56 swap in 90-96 Zcar?

Guest DRK

I bought a 78 280 in January with the intention of swapping in an LS1/T56 combo. I bought the JTR book, and have been reading on this website regularly since last December. I have been forced to temporarily put the project on hold frown.gif , and now I am having second thoughts about the car confused2.gif . I'm wondering if anyone has swapped an LS1/T56 combo into a 90-96 300Z? Any info would be appreciated, links etc. Anything.

Thanks,

Danny

Guest Anonymous

A few posts have recently surfaced of SBC swaps to 300ZXs.Do a manual search for the last week in this and other threads to see who is posting and contact them if this post goes un ananswered. The 300Zx maybe a difficult swap considering that little is documented while the early Z is very well documented

There is a guy here who will be attempting this as his very first ever engine swap project. I don't think "ambitious" effectively describes him.

To my knowledge it has not been done. There has been One swap of an LS1 into a 240Z that I know of. There are about 4 others in progress. I think each one is being done differently.

Go to http://ls1tech.com - they have a conversions board there where you can ask general questions about LS1 swapping. You're not gonna find anything specific because it just doesn't exist.

I would suggest getting together a plan, and then finding some key things that you can frame questions around first.