HybridZ

The GNZ Is Dead, Long Live The GNZ

Scottie-GNZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry gang the GNZ or parts thereof will still live on. About 2.5 years ago I got Scotties complete rearend setup when he converted to the vette parts. Later I also acquired his front brakes when those to were converted to vette parts. I'm a little slow or a lot slow in putting it together (406/TH400/3.36R-200) but it's coming. Haven't been posting much of late, but luring quite often and based upon the volume of comments about the GNZ figured knowing that part of it will still live on could help some of you through your "time of grieving". :cry:

Scottie thanks again.

Larry aka Peternell

• 1 month later...

wow is all i can say kinda getting teary eye'd :cry: this just sucks one of the z guys i look up to is getting ready of his z, i understand where you are coming from too scottie.Just hope james and tim don't decide to go something softer then i'll be lost. :wink: So scottie you selling the car or what? and is someone here gonna take it if you are?

This is a pretty cool site, I really should hang out here more often… ;)

Scottie,

I know exactly where you are coming from. I had a blast the first few years out of college building my Z car(s). However, it got tiresome after a while. I found myself spending all my free time and money into building and eventually simply maintaining a project car. It wasn’t long before I started to realize that I could simply “buy†a car that was almost as quick, had working climate controls, was quiet and wouldn’t leave me smelling like an oil refinery after a 10 mile drive. Of course, add to this equation a wife, kids, career, etc… and everything in your life is amplified.

However, having a new (well, it’s been a year… does that still count as new?) garage with plenty of empty space has amped up my interest in my old project Z again. Also, my smack-talking buddy with his Furd 302-powered ’87 RX-7 ($2004 Grassroots Motorsports Challenge – 3rd place overall) is keeping me focused as well. :D I’m getting excited again. But on the down side, all those “new†cars over the past 4 –5 years have turned into project cars themselves.

I’m down to three cars these days (from seven). Need to get rid of the Impala SS, then I will be a two car man again.

Good luck with whatever you pursue.

-Andy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RCNSC

Wow. If you go to Google.com and type "240Z" in the image search Scotties car is one of the pictures on the first page.

Sad to see you got rid of the Z, but the new RX7 looks great! (under the hood anyway)

Good luck with the other projects and stick around - you're an assest as you well know.

• 1 month later...
Guest Z-GEEK

WOW SCOTTIE! I feel like we should put are Z antennas at half way up. I for one would like to thank you for your invaluable knowledge of our projects and most of all for pioneering the way if you will to think "out of the box", to get out of the box faster than any other import ever dreamed.he,he. Good luck on your next land rocket. :lol:

Scottie, I too would like to thank you for your contributions to the Z car community and for the personal knowledge you have given me. I have a ceramic coated "Scottie downpipe" on my Z that I purchased from you several years ago. It fit perfectly the first time I put it on the car and has contributed to some decent powerso far. (354 RWHP and 424 RWTQ). I'm hoping it will get me to my 400 RWHP goal. :D

Best of luck to you and your future automotive endeavors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Just incase you stop comming to this site, I want to get a change to say Thank You! for all your help in the past. From giving advise when I first got into the Z cars to helping me tune my SDS engine management. I think I got your very last downpipe for the L28et, I remember you saying it was one of your prototypes.

Can't believe you letting it go. But can imagine why... sometimes I just want to put ear plugs when I drive my Z.

Because of the thread title, I thought you blew your engine or crashed it. The word Dead sounds so bad. "Retiring From The GNZ, Long Live The GNZ" - sounds better =)

Good luck with the new project =)

-R

lol.. this is a old old thread.

but scottie is still around the site.

like he said he got old and needs sofas for car seats... you said something like that, right scottie ;)

mike

lol.. this is a old old thread.

but scottie is still around the site.

like he said he got old and needs sofas for car seats... you said something like that' date=' right scottie ;)

mike[/quote']

Heh heh oh yeah, just notice the date. LOL. If he's still around.... cool Scottie can still read my message. Still glad I was able to thank Scottie. LOL