HybridZ

The GNZ Is Dead, Long Live The GNZ

Scottie-GNZ

A bit off topic...

Ron' date=' did you sell your Z? I met you a few years ago at a gathering at the Krispy Kreme in Ant/Pitt. I could have swore I saw your Z for sale on craigslist a few month's back....One of the cleanist Zs around. It's nice to see you back on the board![/quote']

Thanks Jaime! It's been long time. Yeah that was my Z. My motor was old (got from a parts car), ran it hard all the time. Finally my piston rings where going out.

My friend from San Jose was switching to a V8 and he recently rebuilt his L28et motor so I was going to drop his motor into my car. We started taking about swaping his whole setup... car was making 306hp and 353hp - with a best et time of 12.05.

To make a long story short he really wanted to drop a v8 in his 3rd gen rX7 (sweet looking rx) and ended up trading cars with him with some cash. He's such a good friend he let me take any parts from my Red Z. So I got the LSD diff and rims back.

Since then I installed Wilwood's brake kit front and back. I installed Hypertech coilovers and installed real xenon/HID lights.

Here's some pics of the Z. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rsotto@sbcglobal.net/my_photos Click on the 72 240z.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Wow,

I just noticed this thread..

Scottie, I must say that the GNZ was a sight to behold. Good luck on your next adventure.

I really hope though, that I don't get to the point when I feel like I need to sell mine. Too many memories tied up in it to let it go. I can't even bring myself to sell the original block :)

I never go to the "Announcements" forum much and did not realize this old post was brought out of cobwebs.

Ron,

apologize for not seeing and acknowledging your thank you, so thank you for the kind words.

I have had a string of bad luck with the "new" car and need to hang a fresh bundle of garlic over the garage door :D Do not regret making the switch but have to admit that every tme I have a problem I do reflect on the past. The car is a Caddy compared to the Z and has even registered 33mpg cruising back from a Reynolds trip last night. If I did not have witnesses I would not have believed it myself. As for performance, the niggling little issues has the car struggling with a best of 10.70s @ 128 :wink: but I am a long way from maximum boost/tune so there is still hope to hold off some of the young 'uns :D

Do not post as much and not as active since a medical issue last new year but still happy to know I contributed to the Z community by introducing or making popular things like SDS, NPR, SVO injs, DP for a stocker among others. There are some brilliant minds on this forum and combined with the classy attitudes and willingness to share, it is the absolute best technical forum in existence, BAR NONE!

Even when I am trying to turbo my wheelchair, I will still be hanging out here.