HybridZ

Why does all my glory have to be taken from me???

EDIT: You guys are right. I'm over it now and see that having that swap would definately be beneficial no matter what. Initially I was a bit, well, jealous and with me being an EXTREMELY competitive person, I overreacted. Oh well, I'll still be doing my swap at Christmas and I will provide complete documentation including text, pictures, and video for some of the REALLY cool stuff. :D

For the guys out there trying to do V8 Z32 conversions, GOOD LUCK! And if you get them done before me, more power to ya! I'll have mine soon enough and at least I'll be the first one in Texas ;) .

Sorry to have to whine, but I can still be a baby sometimes, like I said, what do I know, I'm only 18. bonk.gif But at least my B-day's comin up soon. Thanks for giving me some realistic insight guys.

Time to get crackin on getting my beater car bought!

-Vann

Guest timhypo

I don't get it, honestly. Do whatever swap YOU want to do for YOU, not for glory. It's not like V8 z32s are THAT common, not to mention LS1 z32s. Also, keep in mind that there's a real big difference between talking about a swap and actually doing one. It's not like it would be as common as a garden variety (at least compared to V8 zcars) ferrari/lamboghini or whatever. Hell, half the people I see love my car and have no idea what it is, so it's not like z cars, even newer 300s, are that common. And if you must have a unique swap, why not be the first supercharged or turbo LS1 v32, that way you could be both unique AND faster than anyone else.

SC/turbo, lol.... I'm a poor college student, you wanna give me the money to fabricate all of that??? If so, then SURE!

I dont have any more money, I'm stretching right now to buy a second car IN CASE I end up doing the swap so I'll be able to get around. But now I may not have to.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by timhypo:

Also, keep in mind that there's a real big difference between talking about a swap and actually doing one.

I agree with Tim, there is a big difference between talking about doing something and really doing it. Just because you were the first to think of an idea, doesn't mean it is yours to keep. I am sure that there are many things in the world that someone else thought of and someone else made it reality.

KraZee,

I believe it's been done anyway. There is very little left in this world that hasn't been done. But if you do go ahead and do it, you will be part of a very 'exclusive club' of V8 300Z cars. Do it for the enjoyment, no necessarily for glory as I can guarantee you, when you are done and the 'cheers' have subsided, you will be left with an empty feeling. If you do it for yourself, the sense of accomplishment will fill your heart and make you happy. As with anything in life, do it for yourself, not for anyone else.

Sorry to get so metaphysical and philosophical.

Tim

KraZeeZX

its been done before,several years ago infact, (I saw pictures of that swap several years ago on another site, but no real details on what was involved were given)but Tim240Z is correct,

you will be part of a very 'exclusive club' of V8 300Z cars.

youll have a very unique car in the sence that theres probably only a dozen or so like it in the world at this point. do the swap, no two custom car/engine swaps turn out the same and youll most likely be the only one in your state with a similar car.

As for as I know I was the first LS1 powered 240Z, and still am as for as a completed car goes. Thats just not the point! The point is I felt that this motor and car were made for each other, and it's been a dream of mine to have a V8 powered Z ever since I saw a artical in a magazine about the Scarb back in 77 I think. I owned a 72 new and was beat bad by a 68 Vet. I have been looking for that guy ever since. The LS1 makes great power and is as mild or wild as you want it to be. If done right you will love the way that car drives. Do It!!! :D

Guest Anonymous

Quit worrying about who did it first. If you get a 300zx swap documented, you will be the first. Here is a history lesson: Columbus did not discover America first but he got the find documented and recieved credit for being the first.

You guys are commended for setting me straight. I edited my above/original post.

What was I thinking?!? Throwing away a perfectly good LS1 engine that'll make me pee my pants once it's in my car!! That was waaaayyyy too dramatic for me. Maybe school and stress is getting to me and causing me to get moody, lol.

Oh well, there will be a swap for Christmas! 2thumbs.gif

BTW, if anyone can let KennyGZ know, I'm interested in buying his car for my second one to use while I'm doing my swap!!!

-Vann

LoneStar1, Hate to be the one to tell you but Ennis cancelled ultimate street night tonight.

A bunch of us are going to fast friday's on the 25th. It's kind of like ultimate street night but you get full tree and score boards and it's run what you brung. Anything goes racing!

Oct. 25th at 6pm until 12am. We will have my V8Z, two Jenson Healy's with zz4 V8's, an Austin Healy V8 and a lt1 powered RX7. Maybe my friend and his super charged 383Z..you got to see it. I'm guessing 10's easily.

Mike