HybridZ

$129 for a Turbo dizzy. Fair price?

I'm doing a turbo swap and am looking to source a distributor for my motor. I currenty have the L28 NA dizzy. A guy in oregon was selling a rebuilt one for $129. Is this a good price for one? Or would I be better off looking in the JY? Also the local shops sell them with a core charge. If I brought in an NA core would they be able to tell the difference?

Dave

Guest ZmeFly

No they wouldnt be able to tell the difference, I bought one once before and gave them my old points dizzy as a core for my 79-80 distributor convert on a 72 I had.

129 seems high unless it comes with a warranty. If you have jy's with Z's in them I would search there or on ebay first.

Check and see what the price is at your local parts tore first though, might not be that much.

Guest bastaad525

$129 for a rebuilt one is definatley less than you will find at places like Motorsport.

I would pay that much for one... have seen guys selling them for more. This is assuming it really is a rebuilt unit. Hell straight used ones are usually around $75.

Guest ZmeFly

For 202 with a one year warranty.

Sounds better to me to know your getting something that is rebuilt then somone saying it is. Its a Beck Arnley, from what I know they seem to be pretty good with parts.

Heres a link

AA Remaned Dizzy