HybridZ

how small of an engine can i turbo?

warrenp

just woundering what your guy thought.

i have an IHI turbo. it's kinda small much smaller than a t3

i got becasue i have an intrest in turbo charging something???

snowmobile, motor cycle, what ever

how small of a cubic centimeater or horse power can i turbo?

for instance cani turbo:

go kart? 5hp or so?

moped?

pocket bike?

dirt bike?

3 wheeler?

4 wheeler?

the turbo spins nice

i saw on guy on here a cupple years ago turbo a snowmobile and use a t3

and if i recall the cc was not that big, maybe 300cc??????

i wanna turbo something i do not really car what.

personally i think i moped would be neat, funny, cheep and fast.

what do you guys think?

A bunch of guys that I knew fitted a 600cc Charade turbo to a Briggs & Stratton 3-HP lawnmower engine (it was a motorised beer-keg). Yes, it did burnouts....

I also saw a simillar setup attached to a 20" BMX bike - that was damn near deadly!

• 3 years later...

That Turborick site is put up by Rick Yaccouci, probably the fastest dude on a Busa! He made a 300mph+ Streamliner powered by a 1350 Busa Motor (originally Megasquirted!)...

This past weekend he went for another record at El Mirage on a 50cc moped. He turned a 39.XXX mph time.

Yeah, I'm serious. Rick is a funny guy. 311+mph, and then hops on a scooter to make a 39 mph run. He splayed out flat, legs spread off the line after he got stable...aerodynamics, you know! It was a hoot.

They race Barstools at Bonneville too...

Speaking of the Charade, there is a Chevy Turbo Sprint (1000cc Turbo) that competes in the land speed trials at El Mirage and Bonneville as well.

I had a Suzuki Alto Super-Turbo when I lived in Japan. Compound Supercharged by a Roots Style Blower and a Turbocharger on a DOHC 550 CC Two Cylinder. At least that one was a four stroke. My Cervo was a three cylinder Two Stroke...but it wasn't turbo.

Smart cars can be had factory stock with a 600 cc turbo motor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Fortwo

They also make a turbo diesel motor, but I think that is 900 cc. Interestingly I was doing some flight testing for an Army contract and they had some Hunter unmanned aircraft there. The new ones use two Smart car turbo diesels for power, one in the front and one in the rear. Was pretty cool to see these little 3 cylinder turbo motor with K&N air filter on each.

Before the diesels they used Moto-Guzzi gas motors