HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Ron240zxt

Block & Valve cover Breather questions

Hey all,

Got a question concerning the breather assembly, What diam. hose is required or recommended, -8 / -6 maybe larger? The hoses are going into a catch can, vacumm source is from the intake piping before the turbo after the filter.

I also need to know which way the check valves need to be positioned of the valve/block breathers? Any help would be appreciated.

For the ones that dont know my car, it is not "Stock" Nor have the factory manifolds, so plumbing is alittle difficult. Here a picture or link to my engine bay so you can see what i have to work with, Sorry about the mess.

URL=]http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/466434[/url]

466434_20_full.jpg

Thanks

Ron

I was running mine with the lower breather (in the block) removed and freeze plugged, and a K&N breather filter on the top.

Ditto here.

25mm freeze plug in the block and K&N filter off the valve cover.

I blocked off the block due to a "mature block" blowing some oil out at track events.

With just the valve cover vented, no problems.

I blocked off the block due to a "mature block" blowing some oil out at track events.

I should have said, blowing oil out the block vent tube.

I also run 6 quarts in the crankcase at track events and the problem only happens thru turn 10 at Summit Point (fast long right hander).

Note "mature block" meaning,

- old

- wore out

- on its last leg

- many thousands of miles

- needs work

- hoping I don’t blow this thing while I’m here (on track)

But hey, running Amsoil 20w50 and it just keeps going and going and going . . . :D