HybridZ

Chassis Setup (corner weights)

Hey Cameron,

I just started the SCCA PDX events and I am still having fun, but as you said eventually I will want to take it to the next level, and the NASA HPDE program definitely looks like the way to go.

For now however, I am learning how to drive the car at other than autocross speeds.  For the last 12 or so years, the only time I drove the car was at autocross events.  The autocrossing was fun, but I only really used second gear, and the courses almost always forced late apex turning. 

At the PDX events, I am using all the gears.  I have discovered that I have a lot to learn about down-shifting.  I also have to break the autocross habit of pinching turns and start letting the car track out.

So, for now I am running the SCCA PDX events and learning, but I intend to add NASA HPDE / Time Trials starting next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh, you should not have time to shuffle the steering wheel all the time, remember too there is better feel in pulling the wheel rather than pushing it. Practicing when driving the daily helps ingrain good habits.