HybridZ

VK45DE + VK56DE = a change of underwear

MrWOT

it does look an aweful lot like a diesel dyno. heh heh heh. trust me i'm not bashing the manifold at all. i own a titan, and love the engine and tranny. i was just pointing out that with the right intake/head setup, this engine could realistically spin up to 7500 rpm with out batting an eye, and do it all day long. putting a turbo on it and things get real fun!!! if the bottom end could hold, i think 700hp would be a sinch.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I'm glad to come across this site. I've got an '88 Z31 I want to put the same motor into. Someone on another thread mentioned mating a z33 transmission to the VH45 for their setup. I don't know what the latest is on that, but I'm curious about putting together the total package. By that I mean, motor, transmission, and the differential.

Any suggestions as to what is worth using at the rear?

I'm looking to use a different subframe for my Z, perhaps one from a Z32, t least so I could use a Z32 differential, but are there any other types that could be used? titan diff? q45 diff?

Guest Johnnys240z

Im a Toyota guy also(besides nissan)and in the Toyota world, racers have successfully mate the V8 heads off of the Lexus sc400(supposedley had better flow characteristics)onto the built block of a Toyota Tundra. Not saying it will work for the VK, but I have a gut feeling it does.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have plans to put a VK56 in a 240Z also. Need to keep an eye on this thread.

^ the VK heads are very good flowing heads. No need to port until 500hp+. The biggest restriction is the 22 in manifold. With a short runner and a medium sized cam you can easy see 400hp.

Good to hear the heads are this good, and im not surprised to hear it. I'm more conserned about the inlet manifold. Plastic manifolds are a bit hard to work with :P

I found some headers for the VK56 somewhere. But there is no aftermarket inlet around, are there? Guess the Titan isn't what most owners buy to modify.

But this is a 300+hp V8, and that is a pretty good start. But we all know how this goes. It is never enough until its "to much"(as if there is such a thing as "to much").

Personally, if and when getting the 240 up and running with a 56, the stock engine will do fine the first season. After that, a supercharger or turbo setup would make a killer 240.

I'd would't be surprised to see the 56 handelig close to 100hp/cylinder on stock internals. Anyone disagree?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...