HybridZ

how much power can a 280ZX hold?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Im thinking of droping my 15PSI boost L28 Turbo engine out of my car for a built up 350

my engine puts out around 280-320BHP but it does not hit till upper RPMs so its not hard on the frame with a 350 all of the power "most" hits right off the line so it would be much more harder on the frame

how much power can a stock frame hold?

btw Im thinking of building the engine up to a mild lowend but powerful topend

15PSI boost is great I can smoke mustangs very easy but I want more power and to do that with my L28 I will need to build the engine up for 20+PSI boost and that would cost ALOT of money

I think it will be alot cheaper to drop a 350 in

thanks for the help

Jeff

Any 280ZX V8'ers out there want to let us know if the 280ZX chassis is stiffer/stronger than the 280Z? I'd bet that a 400 hp 350 would be o.k. without alot of mods, but an 8 point roll bar, tied in well would be a good idea.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@home.com">pparaska@home.com -

Jeff, Welcome if you search for "frame" you will find around 141 post here. Try "frame ZX" and see what you come up with. Have you reread you post on zcar yet, I think you will see what I was talking about there. Just hang in there you are in the right place and some one else will prob clue you in on the ZX. But I agree with Pete you can push 400 HP with a few mods...

------------------

Z U V8ter

http://cyind.com

Rspencer@satx.rr.com

Guest Locutus

I went out and looked at my ZX, the frame does appear to be a little more robust than my Z. There is more bracing where the diff mounts in the front, of course sub frame connectors will be needed to tie all this in. I think with some sub frame connectors and a roll bar at least (4pt), and some strut braces a ZX can easily handle the hp we all want to put out, of course, I can tell you more after I turn my ZX into a drag only race car.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

thanks for all the info and most of the time when I use search engines as in zcar.com it takes forever and never brings stuff up then again most of the time it was down

wish I had more time but gotta run

Jeff