HybridZ

tinted headlight cover legal in texas?

Sleeper-Z

Exactly, I put mine on and you think Datsun head lights suck well try driving with smoked covers. I pulled mine off and went with the clear ones and even updated my headlights to the HID knock offs.

What a difference! I should have spoke up and said to go clear. Sorry.

Smokes look better as far as asthetics go but stay clear of them if you plan alot of night driving or get a set of driving lights.

Mike

I had mine on an on an 82 ZX smoked and believe it or not even passed inspection with it till i sold it in 88, i hardly ever used it when dark. The whole inspection process is a joke in Texas. One station is stricter than the other. If only there were less boneheads on the roads lacking common sense to figure out that bald tires are dangerous or to even check out park lights once in a while, i would petition to have it removed .

as stated before, mostly aeshtetic reasons for the tinted headlight cover. nothing more.

it has been found that most of the HID knockoffs give a nice color, but dim the light with the tinted bulb. they also have less life trying to up the wattage to get a brighter light.

thanks,

steven m.

i'll probably get whatever i can get that is cheaper 2nd hand as i'm runing out of project money. haha i hate being in this boat.