HybridZ

what to do to kill a zo6

I plan to go all the way, I didn't get straight A's in high to just throw away my intelligence in college. Bill Gates was a lucky dude what can I say, and a geek. His success is worth recreating (lotta money), the way he got to it, not so. I will do it the "right" way. NOthing is stopping me , not even money, I've got a mucho scholarship backing me. School doesn't end at high school, it simply introduces you to beginning of the final "step" of Instructed learning, college. This is proving ground number one on a small scale, If I can blow minds in high school whos to say I won't in college (maybe not english but science and math :wink: oh yeah). The grande scale is naturally the real world. The utmost in training (highest schooling) has to account for something right. Whether it be money,pride, or knowing that you are one of the best at what you do (learning and lovin it).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in all honesty a lot of guys that you are talking to right now were in the same position as you coming out of highschool, and have done as you described and earned degrees in engineering. Take their collective advice! A good GPA is nice to brag about, but in my experience it means jack-shit in the real world! (stupid ******* censor) (aargh)

95% of the posts you've had have been previously discussed repeatedly on these forums, and are only a bit of research away. (ie: do a search and READ) I can tell from first hand experience that you won't get through engineering without learning how to research.

It's good to have ambition, intelligence, goals, pride, or what-have-you. However, I think it's probably time that you educate yourself, research your ideas, and ask informed questions rather than just spewing out ideas and having other people waste their time by answering the same questions once again. You are no more special than the first 5 people that asked that question!

Now from a moderators point of view, if there is one more thing said in this thread about something other than how to "kill a Z06" I'm flat out deleting the irrelavant info.

Guest RCNSC

How would a low 12s Z do against the Z06 at the stoplight where there aren't track style launches and precision..? Or Highway?

Just figured it'd maybe throw a little curve in the results?

How would a low 12s Z do against the Z06 at the stoplight where there aren't track style launches and precision..? Or Highway?

Just figured it'd maybe throw a little curve in the results?

I'm thinking front engine, rear drive, IRS for both would result in similar launches. The Z06 is probably better set up than the typical 30 year old Z, but it will be mostly driver dependent. I ran against a Z06 at the strip recently, and our launches were very similar. But I ran a 12.9 to his 12.5 - he was not stock.

• 2 weeks later...

I got killed (1 second) by 3 different Z06's last weekend on a short but very fast autox course. Time for new tires and some motor work. Of course the fact that one of the Z06's was being driven by multi year National Champs that pulled FTOD didn't help the situation!

Guest ON3GO
But I ran a 12.9 to his 12.5 - he was not stock

Sorry, But, I read today while waiting at the dentist office (forever) that the Z06 does 12.5's stock. I can't remember the magazine at the moment.

he is in denver..

my dads Z06 ran a 12.2 something.. 100% stock and me beating the shit out of it :)

mike

But I ran a 12.9 to his 12.5 - he was not stock

Sorry, But, I read today while waiting at the dentist office (forever) that the Z06 does 12.5's stock. I can't remember the magazine at the moment.

Best I've seen a stock Z06 do here at 5800' is a 13.4. I kill Z06s with my setup up here. :D

Magazine reports indicate that a stock Z06 runs 12.4 while a stock C-5 runs 13.2 at sea level. I can beat C-5's all day long but I have to have a running start to beat the Z06. I just cant get the traction to get out of the hole as fast. Well set-up Z's running automatics, drag radials and the right differential can beat them all day long.

I got killed (1 second) by 3 different Z06's last weekend on a short but very fast autox course. Time for new tires and some motor work. Of course the fact that one of the Z06's was being driven by multi year National Champs that pulled FTOD didn't help the situation!

Well no wonder, I just measured compression on my old tired motor - 90-100 PSI across the board. A squirt of oil brings it up to 180. :roll:

I could definitely believe the 12.5 time. I saw a Z06 at the drift track and it took off. The track has a long straight away that leads in a larging sweeping drift. Stock that car made it down there to the other end twice as fast than the 240sx's with Turbocharged SR20det's running 15lbs of boost and gutted were. Pretty quick, I had never seen someone stomp on the gas in one of those cars. He did some awesome drifting for being bone stock (lots of smoke)

Take a quick look over on: http://www.zo6vette.com or http://www.corvetteforum.com and you'll find out how easy and inexpensive it is to modify these cars to get even MORE HP... So, while we're discussing what we need to do to MODIFY our Zs to run down bone stock C5s and Z06s, know that a LOT of those guys modifying them. And with the new C6 slatted for release, these cars will get more and more modifications. Finding bone stock C5s for less than $20K is common now... I can't imagine how cheap they will become once the new model is on showroom floors! :shock:

I know of several relatively stock Z06s that are running 11s on drag radials and very minor bolt ons with some LS1 Edit software tuning! :D

Mike :lol:

Yea, another advantage they have... GRIP! 305-30-18s bolt right up on all four corners for track days... Can't imagine the size of slicks they are cramming under those fenders for 1/4 mile duty! :shock:

2Kewl4Skewl!

Mike 8)

Guest the_dj

Beating a Z06 with a Datsun turbo 6...is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No. I'm telling you, you're setting yourself up for a serious wake up call. Z06's are scary fast. I've got the engine in my sig and I know not to try and pick on them.

I just beat a stock Z06 with drag radials and a cold air intake.It was on a Hot Humid night at the Redding ,CA drag strip with minimal track prep.He ran a very respectable 12.4@114 while I ran a 11.4@124 with my modified L30 stroker.I think a mildly modified turbo six with a "WELL" tuned shot of N20 and slicks could beat a Z06.But, your right for a stock car Z06`s are very fast.I just hope He thinks of my 510 when He`s writing the check for the payment. :-D