HybridZ

Parts posted in Turbo Classifieds

prices? pix? Will stock downpipe flange work for turbo?

Cronic, here is a link to the classified add.

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=72&de=580

The price is $660 for this new Garrett turbo. As with any aftermarket turbo you have to fabricate your own downpipe. The flange for the dp is $12 and it is fairly easy to do. I can take a pic tonight and post.

Guest the_dj

DUDE!! WHAT is UP with those trap speed differences???? Those show a HUGE horsepower difference (and extreme lack of traction on the faster run)...what changed between the runs?

DUDE!! WHAT is UP with those trap speed differences???? Those show a HUGE horsepower difference (and extreme lack of traction on the faster run)...what changed between the runs?

The 11.2@130 was with a 1.85 60ft. I would leave the line with 10psi and then go to 14psi after the 1-2 shift.

The next track event I went 11.1@126 with the same 1.85 60ft running balls rich on the FJO wideband.

Finally, the last event I ran 11.0 @119 with a 1.67 60ft.

So what was the problem? The car would not pull on the topend for some reason. My 1/8th mile was quicker (7.0@101), but mph on the topend was gone. I suspect one of two possible explanations. My 7.5 year old coil packs are dying or my tranny was dying. I have since swapped to a powerglide and I will soon replace the coils. However, I believe it is the coils. Before my car went down for the tranny swap I couldn't even run 18psi without the car breaking up under boost. I would swap plugs and it was good for about 1 week and then started again. Anyway, I should be hitting the track within the next 2 months.

Here are vids of the runs:

http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~jthagard/mpg/

That's funny that you mention breaking up under boost, and swapping plugs gets you going well for about a week. I have the same problem with my car. I wasn't sure what to think. I guess I should consider swapping out the junk yard coil.

I thought it had more to do with my air/fuel mixture, but without adjusting anything my o2 sensor would read differently under boost and car would run not as well after a while. What it looks like is the car isn't using all of the fuel making it read rich under medium load, but if I leave my foot in it long enough it goes lean quick. Didn't look right to me.

This makes it so that I can't rev under load as high. Engine doesn't come to speed as quickly, and my gas mileage isn't quite as good.

Does this sound similar, or different to your problem?

Sorry to side track from the subject, best of luck selling your parts. I can't believe how low your times are with such low boost, sounds like a very efficient set up. After you have the coils replaced will you be able to tune in more boost?

Tony,

I do not suspect the air/fuel ratio because it was tuned using a wideband O2. You would need to run lean or incredibly rich to make it miss. Tyipcally, a lean miss will create popping sounds when it misses and that is not what I am experiencing.