HybridZ

Front Grill Replacement

Guest quadcamZ

Guest quadcamZ

The standard 240z-260z front grill with the horizontal bars. replaced

Has any one done or seen or think it will look any gooD.

If i replace the front grill with punched ally sheet or expandeed mesh. I am trying to do it but definitley don't want to look ricey.

Could even get one lazer cut with anything from flames to whatever cut out.

Any thought good or bad bring it on what do you think.

Guest Hubbo

I don't know how cheap the grill is from Supercheap auto. You should be able to get the same mesh (and other sizes) from a metal yard or if you're lucky the local engineer. Maybe cheaper, though you'll probarly have to spay it.

There are a various square meshes that might be suitable, one is woven another welded. They look sort of period.

I made up a removeable 'grille' out of expanded aluminium mesh but its mainly to protect the aluminium radiator. Its removeable because that stuff looks like it would be hard to clean.

Guest quadcamZ

Woven mesh would look good like a Z06 vents. where do you think you can buy nice woven stainless mesh?

If you were to laser cut a plate stainless sheet paterned. what do you reckon would look good?

quadcams,

If I'm not mistaken, you can purchase an OEM Nissan grille that was in the 432 Z. Price!!? Well, it's probably not cheap, as you can imagine, but it an originbal Z part that bolts right in. Ther might be some info on it at the Classic Zcar Club site. They're pretty much into the series 1 cars and will gladly help you out as best they can. Good luck!

It's an open mesh style as I remember. No more horizontal slats!

Guest JAMIE T

Could somebody post a NICE picture of the 432R grill? I've seen the one on the Nissan website, but it is kinda small. I'd like to see the mesh with some detail. Also, how the mesh is attached to the frame?

Anyone thought about having their stock grill chromed? It might look good on darker colored cars like Tims.

Couple months back (maybe longer) someone posted pics of their chromed stock grill. I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not.

I painted my stock grill the body color but I still don't have anything in the lower section. Was thinking of getting a lower grill from a 280 and painting it like the upper. Eh, can't decide. Waiting for something to grab me.

Guest quadcamZ

If i can draw it in Cad i can get it cut out os stainless. The mounting is not a problem. but i don't know if it would look alright on a pretty stock looking car. i don't mind the flames in the first reply but i do't know if it is for me.

heres a grill i made for my 76 about almost 2 years ago, it's all stainless and aluminum, and still looks as good as the day i made it.

excuse the crappy pics:

grill3.jpg

before paint:

grill2.jpg

grill-041.jpg

grill-044.jpg

i was thinking about maybe making a few and selling them, if there is interest that is. it is for a 280z but will fit 240's too, the thing is it takes a little tinkering to get it to clear the hood when you open it because of the flush look, but it's not difficult to make work.

Guest quadcamZ

S30 Z Bushido

nice!

does suit the car better in black.

do you call that a 280Z? in Australia the L28 did not come out in the original shape. I have read a few posts before that seemed to confuse me with talk about 280z 's.