HybridZ

"Tight clearance" air cleaner

Capt_Zorro

Anyone need a tight clearance air filter assembly? I was at West Haven Auto Parts (a round track speed shop) yesterday and they have a 14" air cleaner that will fit under a hood with only about 2.5 or 3 In. clearance. It uses a standard filter but the base is dropped down around the carb. to give more room. It's similar to one that I have on my Z, but I haven't seen one like it in years. If anyone is interested I'll run back by there Thurs. and see what they are selling for and get their phone # for everyone.

Adios Amigos,

The air filter is an Afco #80550 Sure Seal housing W/Oring. List on it is $36.95 + shipping. It comes in Silver but they can anodize it in different colors, gold, blue, red, and black if you want. It does not come with the filter element, you can customize the height for your instillation. I use small pieces of modeling clay placed on top of the filter, when the hood is closed it will compress these and you can get an accurate measurement of your clearance.

Their # is 865-546-3813 ask for Greg.

Adios Amigos,

Guest 305240

Many thanks Capt Z. Before I weld the nose back onto my Z, I have the luxery of putting the hood on and actually getting an acurate measurement of the space I'm working with. When I say luxery, that means I can put my head where the rad goes and actually take pics. The front header panel has been cut out.