HybridZ

Chopped 240Z!

pparaska

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just yesterday i looked through all the pictures again and i got chills :hail: can i apprentice for you henrik ? also i was wondering, not sure if i asked before or not but do you know an Erick madson ? he used to work for ohlins a while ago and he still does part time as an independant contracter setting up suspensions for people all over the country, hes a customer of ours we did a bunch of suspension pickup point modifications to his porsche 914 race car :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the update Stony.

Henrik Wrote:

"Since I bought me a Porsche 944 Turbo this spring, I had to somehow store it indoors during the winter. I decided on enlarging my one-car garage by tearing down two walls to the neighboring rooms; the sauna and the laundry room. Of course, the sauna got totally torn down, but I didn't use it that much anyway."

645045_81_full.jpg

Got to like a man who has his priorities straight. :D

LMAO, Nice garage mods! :lol::2thumbs:

Youre car is really coming along nicely, I cant wait to see it painted, but think it might be worth the extra work to get it super low....one more year isnt that bad really, as long as you stick with it.

incredible work.

Guest 260ondubs

I can't even comprehend the amount of effort and committment went into that. It really is one helluva project. My Z has stock metal and I reckon it will always stay that way, with me haging neither the money or skills. I just wish I could see that thing in the flesh...... yum.

Hi guys,

finally I'm back in business again! Not that I have made a lot of things, but at least I have made the hood hinge brackets, and attached the hood to the hinges. After that, I realized that the hood opening mechanism will be a bit more complicated than I initially thought, in order to keep the hood from torsionally oscillating when I open it. It needs to be supported at two places in the rear, rather than one.

peej410, I don't know Erick. Did he work directly for Öhlins USA, or someone else? If you're specifying shocks for Porsche race cars, I hope you pick Öhlins! (I designed them.)

And, as always, thanks for the nice comments from all of you! I must say that I have gotten a lot of inspiration from looking at the amazing number of fairly highly modified Z's from all over the world. I never thought they'd be so many!

Henrik

• 11 months later...

BACK FROM THE DEAD BUMP!!!

Well, i've been checking out this guys cardomain page on a monthly (sometimes more than that) basis. I can't explain how much enjoyment I get looking at his work. I think the car deserves his name once it's done, there won't be much "z" left. I hope he's reading this becuase I'd seriously plan a vacation out to sweden to fit some drool time in with this Z. Just plain awsome work.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/645045/1

There's the link incase anyone missed it from the first page.

• 8 months later...

Two of the Three, Primadonna's built about 25 years ago had a re-profiled windshield. The windshield was actually race glass(Lexan), and was finished on the leading edge with a custom cowl panel. The install actually used the standard Z windshield opening on each side, and top, utilizing a trimed down stock windshield gasket. The leading edge was custom, but relatively simple, and incorporated into the cowl panel.

The down side was the stock wipers were deleted in the process.

The longer windshield with a softer rake definately gave a more sweeping look.

Great work on your chop! Good luck!http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prima1725iv.jpg

prima1725iv.jpg

• 5 months later...

chevyz240 -

I saw this car on cardomain a couple of years ago and this is the car that got me into z cars in the first place! without you doing this project I would have never have become obcessed with the z car. And for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

-Mike