HybridZ

LS1 gas tank installation

I decided to go with a 99-2004 LS1 gas tank out of a Camaro. Doing this swap will let me run dual exhaust on both sides of the gas tank, Notice in the picture the cut out for the exhaust. I am also doing this swap so that I can now have a very quite fuel pump, my old walbro was very loud.

body_021.jpg

body_022.jpg

body_023.jpg

body_024.jpg

body_025.jpg

body_026.jpg

body_027.jpg

body_028.jpg

body_029.jpg

body_030.jpg

body_031.jpg

body_032.jpg

Guest plainswolf

DAM man... you just DONT know how HELPFUL it is whenever you post pics! I save them all..

looks great!, I was just wondering myself lately about a good fuel tank,set up for fuel injection, that I could use in my Z AND run dual exhaust.

THANKS MAN!! :-D

Let this be a lesson in K-I-S-S ("Keep It Simple, Stupid!") for those of us who need it, especially myself. Such a simple, straight forward, functional design. The mounting method for my application, that up to now has remained in my head, was so completely over-engineered. Thanks Mike for your continued support in keeping other hybriders from overkill :)

Mike,

Way cool and perfect timing too! I'm starting the same part of my project this week. Can you give some detail on the pipes and muffler? Did you bend the pipes yourself or did a shop do it? I'd like to fit my exhaust too while the car body is upside down, and the bends look real straight-forward. You mufflers look like they tuck up real nice and tight. Can you tell us what type they are? Keep up with the posts! You always seem to have information the rest of us need!

• 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/27/2004 at 9:25 PM, mas28O said:

I decided to go with a 99-2004 LS1 gas tank out of a Camaro. Doing this swap will let me run dual exhaust on both sides of the gas tank, Notice in the picture the cut out for the exhaust. I am also doing this swap so that I can now have a very quite fuel pump, my old walbro was very loud.

body_021.jpg

body_022.jpg

body_023.jpg

body_024.jpg

body_025.jpg

body_026.jpg

body_027.jpg

body_028.jpg

body_029.jpg

body_030.jpg

body_031.jpg

body_032.jpg