HybridZ

Tial 38mm Wastegate or Turbonetics Racegate (42mm)

81280zxtc

Which one would you choose?

I have the option to purchase a new Tial 38mm wastegate or a second hand Turbonetics Racegate.

The Tial is brand new, and I have seen them in applications supporting up to 30lbs of boost., but I don't know the longevity factor to this wastegate.

On the other hand, I know the Turbonetics gate is proven to be a great gate.

Advice?

The Turbonetics stuff may or may not last depending on the usage, but the quality is very substandard when compared to other wastegates of the same cost. If you ever take the Racegate apart, it's a PITA to realign the valve because the guide is very short and built into a little stainless plate that has no doweling, compared to a long, centered guide on the others. The Innovative gates use billet diaphragm housings that bolt directly to the body where the the Turbonetics gate housing is die cast and sits on a tower of 4 cheezy sleeves. I've used the 'netics gates in the past with good results, as well, but if I'm paying for a new gate these days, Turbonetics better step up.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

The Tials are nice but a bit on the pricy side. I sell Turbonetics parts but I usually sell and use wastegates from ATR. The flow enough to handle 900hp and the strongest selling point is the compact billit diaphram housing and at $300.00 you really can't go wrong.

Fellow Z buffs, thanks for the advice. I'll probably try the Tial gate, and if I'm not happy, I can always E-bay it. As for the Turbonetics gate, I'll wait to see reviews about the new gate before I become a guinnea pig, besides that gate is around $600.00 and alot of $$$ to spend on a gate.

I'll post a follow up with the gate install and let you know how it went.

Thanks again...

Robert

If and when I buy a external W/G again, it will be another HKS GT 60mm like I had on my last set up.

I know its over kill for some, but hey, once you have it, you can upgrade your set up again and again and you won't have to upgrade the W/G... :D

Plus it helps when you want to run a smaller turbine A/R... 8)

• 2 weeks later...

The DeltaGate is high maintenence. I just had to replace the diaphrgm again after only 2 years. Now that Bob Keller sold out, you have to buy from dealer and the parts price is higher. Also I've found that they care little for the little guy. Or maybe they just are a bunch of salesmen devoid of tech knowledge.

• 3 years later...

just to add my 2 cents, the Racegate is far superior the deltagate. 2 very different models

The Racegate is built pretty durable; but I can't say the same for the deltagate.

I've used 2 Racegates on 2 different care for 4+ years an no problems, same for the ones I've seen on other cars.

I think the Racegate gets a bad rap sometimes because people confuse it with the deltagate. Both look the same from the top