HybridZ

Metric Brake Adaptor

Anyone know a good source for metric brake adaptors or better yet, have one of what I am looking for?

I want to go from a male 10x1.0, inveterted flare to a female 1/8 pipe so I need a fitting that will have a female end to accept the 10x1.0, inverted flare and male 1/8 pipe on the other end. Every place I see selling adaptors seem to only have male-male.

Jeff,

I will give Amazon a call tomorrow followed by Maryland Metric. I am willing to bet MM has what I want but my head hurts trying to find anything on their webpage.

Mark,

I actually have metric to AN but it would also require a AN to pipe and I am trying to not make this look like a Rube Goldberg contraption. What I am doing is plumbing in a line-loc and at the outlet of the line-loc I am tee-ing in a hydraulically-operated throttle stop for limiting RPM on spoolup. The more direct adaptors I use, the less klutzy it will look. :?::?: Don't ask. You will just have to see it :D

At the bottom of the page.

http://s2.pegasusautoracing.com/076.pdf

I assume you are referring to this:

10mmx1.0mm male to 1/8" NPT female

I will give them a call also but I believe that is the opposite of what I am looking for. That looks like it would allow you to connect a 1/8 NPT male to a 10mmx1.0mm female. I need to connect a 10mmx1.0mm male to a 1/8" NPT female. They might be able to source one or I might have it backwards.

I gave up trying to find that metric adaptor and ended up cutting off the fitting and using a 3/16" compression fitting. My hope was to be able to bypass the line-loc in case of emergency and put the brake line back stock w/o having to reflare the line. Now the flaring kit will have to be part of the road toolkit.

Thanks everyone.

• 4 years later...

I am plumbing hard lines for a Wilwood proportioning valve (PV). The PV will be installed in the tool box behind the passenger seat.

The easy way to connect the Datsun 10mm x 1mm brake line would be with a 1/8 NPT -27 to 10mm x 1mm adaptor that screws into the PV, but I can't find one here, Summit, local parts stores or local speed shops. The only solution seems to be going with a 1/8 NPT -27 to AN -3 male to AN -3 to 10mm x 1mm adaptor which results in an ugly stack up of parts.

Does anyone make a 1/8 NPT -27 to 10mm x 1mm inverted flare adaptor?

I found the Wilwood to metric adaptor at Flyin Miata. It is specifically made to fit the Wilwood proportioning valve: 1/8 -27 to 10mm x 1mm. p/n 14-76255

Link

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=&parentid=&stocknumber=14-76255'>http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=&parentid=&stocknumber=14-76255

I purchased the Flyin Miata Wilwood Proportioning Valve kit to install in my 240Z and it fit perfect. These adapters are the ones you need. I had found some other adapters from another source that I thought would work, but turns out they were for BUBBLE flares.

Here is the email I got from them before I purchased:

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Richer, Paul

> Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 10:35 AM

> To: Keith Tanner

> Subject: Item Number: 14-76240 Complete adjustable brake

> proportioning kit

>

>

> Item Number: 14-76240 Complete adjustable brake proportioning kit

>

> I would like to install this kit in a Datsun 240Z and need

> to verify that the metric adapters are for metric INVERTED

> flare fittings (not bubble Flare). Is that correct?

>

>

>

> Best Regards,

>

> Paul Richer

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 9:57 AM

To: Richer, Paul

Subject: RE: Item Number: 14-76240 Complete adjustable brake

proportioning kit

Yes, with a 10x1 thread pitch. We can sell the parts individually if you

don't need them all.

Keith Tanner

Flyin' Miata

http://www.flyinmiata.com

1-800-FLY-MX5s (orders)

1-970-464-5600 (tech)

I am getting my parts together to do the Wilwood PV install. I'll be removing the stock PV and tie into the lines that went to the stock PV just behind the tool boxes. The Wilwood PV will install in the passenger side tool box so I can reach it from inside.

I bought two hard brake lines and two metric unions from Black Dragon and should get the NPT to metric adaptors tomorrow from Flyin Miata. The metric adaptors will make for a clean installation. This is in preparation for installing the Mustang rear brake kit sold here by Edan AKA Bajaracer.

I called and emailed Wilwood suggesting that they stock these NPT to metric fittings. They basically brushed of the need to do so.

Miles

I am getting my parts together to do the Wilwood PV install. I'll be removing the stock PV and tie into the lines that went to the stock PV just behind the tool boxes. The Wilwood PV will install in the passenger side tool box so I can reach it from inside.

I called and emailed Wilwood suggesting that they stock these NPT to metric fittings. They basically brushed of the need to do so.

Miles

I like your idea of installing it where you can adjust it from inside. FYI, I installed mine near the master cylinder. I can adjust it by opening the access door on the drivers side. I disconnected the line that goes from the MC to the rear brakes and re-attached it to the output of the proportioning valve. I then installed a new, short line from the PV to the MC. I replaced the stock PV with a union that came with the kit from Flyin Miata.

res_100_0817_thumb.JPG