HybridZ

Toll booths: the early morning drag race...

DavyZ

I have been getting a chuckle out of going to work each morning I drive across the Dumbarton Bridge in the East Bay. The toll bridge booths have to be 8 or so wide and are the perfect place to fight for position after paying my hard earned $$$. All the lanes become just three and every Tom, Dick, and Harry are jockeying for postion.

I have picked up a few good races in my Q45 and enjoy just stomping the throttle and seeing the lesser cars become smaller objects in my rearview mirror. I'm waiting to line up against something a bit more powerful than a Acura, like a Stang or Camaro or something! Heh heh, should be fun.

The only thing that bites is that after a few days of doing this, I noticed that the CHP would park themselves just a 100 feet after the tolls! sour.gif Ruin my fun...

I know it's not much, but since I'm working a lot, I'll get it any way I can :D

Davy

Guest Anonymous

Hey a race is a race for a gearhead. Thats why they have merge lanes in some freeway onramps, so you can drag race the guy next to you and even get in a game of chicken if you want. :D

Regards,

Lone

Just watch out for the CHP hiding in the shadows when you go WOT! I nearly got burned yesterday for doing that...left in first gear, wound it up, noticed "Smokey" in the corner of my eye, boom--shut the car down really fast... :rolleyes:

Davy