HybridZ

250 GTO door buttons

y-not

Looks good. So the outer chrome piece, and the cylinder are both part of the honda part everyone is talking about? Any idea where to get these. Chelle made it sounds like they are rarer than hens teeth.

I did notice that about the old GTO...heh heh drives the restoration folks nuts.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chelle... Email or PM me your mailing address. I'm sending you a digital camera (not an expensive one) but it will do better at close-ups than your current one. You have helped us all at more than the expense of one little camera.

Wow Speedracer, your pic is a lot nicer... my digital camera is a cheap one :)

Chelle

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The beetle ones are a bit larger, im sure they would work ok though. Bringing this thread back from the dead. Maybe I will find another one in 3 more months. The chrome isnt perfect, but it will be acceptable for my car. Again I dont have a GTO kit, but I love the way those latches look on the car.

Picture_004.jpg

I went and grabbed a CVCC latch today and bought the steel stock to build the latch adapter for about 6 GtO's. I am still confused about the diagram but after the parts are cut.................................maybe this dyslexic brain can visulize. The Honda latch has a key lock in the push button which is the reason I prefer it over the stock handles. I just have this bias against electro things that that go thunk. i bought a complete 1984 Nissan Maxima with the L6 overdrive automatic tranny to put in my GTO. Hopefully this year I will make a showing and get something done on the GTO. I have some dual down draft webers and hope to get the car running again. and more Hopefully tomorrow i can come up with a 240 Z choke cables.3 into 2 exhaust headers, mechaical fuel pump at the junk yard and some other parts. I have these pants with some real big pockets.

Are you talking about something similar to the shave handle kit? If so why not just use a remote to pop the door open. Eliminate the handle and the push button altogether. I shaved the door handles on my ZX. If you need more info let me know.

V.

what car did you shave the door handles? later bob

The CVCC latch came from a junkyard in Springfield, Oregon and cost me $5.00............The wife tossed the last two I had. I carry the latest one in my pocket at all times ! I bought all the steel fabrication material in 4 foot lengths that cast just over $15.00. I cannot see the VW latch working since it has a hook catch on the end. The Honda has a straight rod to push the fabricated part in to release the door latch

I will attempt to document my fabrication of the Honda door latch modification. I almost have a clue to "almost" how it works and by the grace of Rube Goldberg....... I will find out as I fabricate the (@#%$^&&**(*^%$) gizmo latch. Here are two Honda latches in my Yahoo Photos to begin Notice the actuating rod on one latch and that is why the VW will not work because it is a short hook latch. And your on your own in the Yahoo photos.........the program was changed..I lost my Mozilla web browser and got stuck with Microcrap Internet Explosion again. Yahoo hijacked my ancient monitor and my actual viewing space is now 6" x9" People tell me that my windoww 98 is obselete.http://new.photos.yahoo.com/larryjohnson97438/album/576460762387538659