HybridZ

NASCAR

Guest Anonymous

Guest kc6wfs

Hehe...

When Jeff Gordon and a few others win they thank god.

When they loose they grumble.

When I brake something I ?????

That site is funny though...

Dave

cheers.gif

I'm (at least I feel) smack dab in NASCAR country (well, not really). And I could deal with it. On restrictor plate race days, I could instead watch Tiger sink a putt, and feel good that someone didn't mandate that his grip be 2mm longer, or his balls have 30% fewer dimples, than his competition to even the odds. Yeah, sometimes F1 gets to be a snoozer, but there are very few events in my life that motivate me to get out of bed at midnight to watch qualifing in Malaysia. I read in AW the other day where the France empire tried (unsuccessfully) to outlaw street racing (CART) at one of the events in FL by sueing the city (Daytona I think). Shame Shame.

Guest Anonymous

BlueovalZ

You heard of that in AutoWeek? Damm, I don't subscribe to it. You see, I've just emerged battered and bloodied from locking horns with people that seem to have financial/business ties to both IMSA and NASCAR.

http://www.professionalsportscar.com/dcf/DCForumID7/1463.html

I've been challenged to present evidence of NASCAR using monopolistic business practices. Anyone that's tuned into SPEED TV (formerly known as SpeedVision) will know what I'm so concerned about. Thanks for that lead smile.gif

One thing I have also enjoyed is the emerging discontent with the new "speed channel". "Created by racing enthusiasts, killed by NASCAR". I remember in the good old "speedvision" days when you could randomly find a wide variety of motorsports at any time of day. Now days, 75% of the time that I randomly check this channel to see whats on, it's american stock car racing of some sort. It's no longer on my list of alternative choices that I could count on. At least I still have the History/Discovery/TLC group to fall back on.

Paragod: that IMSA forum was great. Very well spoken by many of the contributors. Thanks. I guess what really irks me most about NASCAR is that I was it's biggest fan prior to the late 80's. Now I can't hardly watch a race anymore as I wonder which rule was changed to alter the outcome of the currently running race.

Guest Anonymous

Your welcome Terry. By the way I made it to Sebring last week, it was AWESOME!!!!

Anyone that appreciates road racing needs to try and see a ALMS/IMSA event. My daughter and I camped about 25 yards from the track and early Saturday morning practice was a most effective alarm clock! rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

You know what... I have respect for all of you guys but if I wanted to watch racing with no passing and drivers waving each other by instead of racing for position I'd watch F1 too. That crap is all money and a world wide dog show. Everyone of you guys with an American V8 in your car owes NASCAR a little something. Any of you guys ever tried to race around a circle... way more to it than turning left...Anybody remember a certain "Circle track" driver by the name of Dale Earnhardt? He could drive the wheels off a Monte Carlo and put in some impressive lap times at Daytona in a factory Corvette C5R... These guys are super talented drivers that "Just ride around in circles". To tell you the truth I haven't been so pissed off at something on the internet in a long time... I am really let down with the fellow hybidz guys that bad mouth OUR sport! I'm going to go outside and have a cigarette to calm down and I don't even smoke!! There is alot of s-it I would like to say right now but I won't out of respect for moderators and the others on the site that have nothing to do with it... Ilove all forms of racing, I haven't missed an American Le Mans race in the 3 years I've been able to see it at the track and have been to Laguna Seca for CART and Darligton and California and drove to Phoenix to see IRL and NASCAR. Where else can you see Small block American V8's running side by side and door to door? Terry, you are a small god to me and someone I really look up to like Mike Kelly and Pete also, but the whole rules thing was a bit much, and I know that you understand why they do it... to keep the racing exciting and to level the playing field, can you imagine how hard that is with four different bodies to deal with, they want to make it the driver and the team who go to victory lane, not the car with an aero advantage. As for restrictor plate racing goes... happen to catch that Talledega race when Earnhardt charged from 18th to first in the final 4 laps to win the race... I can't think of a better race in any recent memory that was as incredible to watch as that... Or the last (4) races at Atlanta where the race was decided at the stripe after 500 miles of racing? Sorry about the rant but I expected more from people of Hybridz caliber... I'm going to shut up now... flamedevil.gifflamedevil.gif:confused:

Jason,

It's easy to get offended when what is being talked about is dear to your heart. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions my friend, whether we like them or not. I have to believe that this thread was not meant to be overtly offensive to you or anyone else, but it was airing out some frustrations and opinions. I also enjoy just about any form of auto racing, and I also love to see SBC's running against each other--but I also like F1 too ;) Hang in there!

Davy

I personally am not a "FAN" of any sports. Motorsports included. If I`m not driving or if I don`t personally know someone who is, It`s about all I can stand just to watch highlites. Bracket racing could be somewhat of an exception. Only because they are everyday people running real world cars. Cars that I could build at home in my garage,and drive to work if I wanted to. The cars of nascar and top fuel are interesting in an engineering aspect, and I love to feel the thunder of high powered engines with little to no exhaust. But, sitting and watching racing is really the last thing I want to do. twak.gif I would rather concentrate my time and efforts on participation 2thumbs.gif Rather than cheering for millionairs driving other millionairs cars that neither one has ever turned a wrench on. :rolleyes: Owner/Builder/driver, The only way to go 2thumbs.gif IMO

Jason,

Sorry you got offended. But seriously, let's try to keep some levity around here. This is twice in one week people have felt offended over someone else's opinion or observation.

Everybody: If you get offended, try contacting the admins/moderators first and/or write the posters that offended you. It will keep the flames down.

My point of view:

I'm kind of with Denny. I don't watch much of any racing on TV (heck much of anything in general!), nor go to races, except when my neighbors go to the local drag strip and race their cars (his and hers racing - they each have a drag car). But they race brackets and that actually bores me a bit. I like the test and tune nights alot better!

The politics of these organizations (NASCAR, CART, F1, etc.) baffles me. They seem to take all the fun out of the sport. And I think restrictor plate racing and having exact formulas for the cars makes it boring from a technical point of view. I like the days when people like Smokey Yunick, etc. were doing all the wild stuff that the organizers then had to write rules around. Now the advances are so slow in coming it gets boring and all the cars seem so much like carbon copies, in many of the racing venues (NASCAR, CART, etc.)

Instead of watching someone else race, I'd rather be doing something myself. But I do enjoy watching WCRally, Sedan Road Racing, F1, a little bit of Nascar. But I get bored quickly with it all, since I'm not behind the wheel! The one thing I do like about watching races is the in-car camera stuff. I personally would love to watch an entire race with only in car camera, preferably in one car (hope it finishes the race!)

Just my point of view...

I don't hate NASCAR or it's fans, but there are only two Winston Cup races that interest me. First one to guess what they are gets a prize! I rather enjoyed that link for what it is and thats called humor. Learn to laugh and you will be a whole lot happer!

P.S. If your belt buckle is the same size as your license plate, you might be a NASCAR FAN! :D

Guest Anonymous

Dejavu! :confused: ------Warning! nono.gif -----Controversy! nono.gif ---------Must stay away! nono.gif -------Can't really say what I feel! nono.gif ------The pain of censure is near! nono.gif ------Must find control! :mad: -------Ahhh! the escape button. puke.gif

Guest Anonymous

i know i know i know the ones u do are like are the 2 road courses watkins glen and that other one, the one on the wrong coast oops just kidding west coast. I am biased to watkins cause i grew up with it in my backyard I also flagged there and drove a few laps there. nascar there is real cool u can get right up to the guardrail and see a lot that u wouldnt at a oval track race. I got a ton of bud banners from that track too.

dave

Guest Anonymous

I agree that everone has an opinion and have the right to express it but this was just plain bad mouthing a sport where there are literally millions of fans across the planet. Can't all be "Big belt buckled rednecks", especially on the "Wrong Coast." IMHO I just believed that the thread was in poor taste and didn't really belong on such an open minded place like our web site... just a little let down with the responses... not one defense of the sport... I respect your opinions guys, but I prefer to not beat something up online, especially here. Isn't this why we exist here on Hybridz? :confused: