HybridZ

NASCAR

Guest Anonymous

Personally, I was criticizing the politics of NASCAR, and not the spectators. Like I said, you couldn't pull me loose from a NASCAR race years ago, but now I personally feel that I was let down by NASCAR (as a big fan) because I didn't play into their new stategy of commercial manipulation. Back in the days when the track name or location was the name of the race, and not the sponsor's name instead. But that was when NASCAR still somewhat resembled stock car racing. Now it's spec car racing, and it's based on the lowest common denominator, again for commercial interests only. I get off on high tech design and parts, and that's where the governing body of NASCAR has chosen to be left on the side of the road. But still, the one thing left that truely amazes me about NASCAR is that they get that much horsepower out of a pushrod V8, and, in a distorted way, I envy the France empire for becoming the Bernie Eccelstone of America. BTW Long, I still watch the non-restrictor plate races, and I very much enjoy them because the passing was not predicated on a draft, and that the field didn't look like a swarm of bees for 95% of the race, and regardless of how much I dislike what NASCAR is turning into, it WILL be here for a while.

Guest Anonymous

I'm sorry for being so defensive Terry it's just that this was the last place I thought I would see anybody bashing anything just for bashings sake. After the death of some incredible drivers in the last couple of seasons I have a hard time letting someone blast something that good people died doing... I was very defensive about F1 after the greatest (Aryton Senna) died doing what he loved... No hard feelings guys... just a sore subject to me. Mickery of death hits home with me as I stare death in the face daily in normal living, let alone doing what I live to do... emo.gif

Guest gprix1

I personally do not have much interest in watching a NASCAR race on television.I have really tried to watch it.. I have.. really, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

I do think it would be awesome to see NASCAR live though. Being able to see the entire track, the roar of the engines, smelling the race gas, the high speeds, very exiting stuff. On television though, it just doesn't hold my interest.

To be honest, I don't care much for F1 on television either though I would love to see the U.S. Grand Prix live. On the other hand, watching World Superbike, AMA Superbike, and 500GP's on television has me on the edge of my seat! We've got two Americans in World Superbike who have a good chance of winning this years world title, This could be Nicky Haden's year in AMA Superbike, and this is the first year that the 4 strokes are back in GPs (making over 200HP and weighing around 250lbs how's that for power-to-weight?). This will be a very exciting year.

Guest Anonymous

All forms of racing rule! Full throttle, race gas, and 20+ other loonies seeing who has the bigger cajones and the better line!!! See you at the track guys!! :D

Guest RON JONES

Motorsports RULE!PERIOD!BTW,I do love My NASCAR.From Feather lights to Winston Cup,its all good.I have been to Lime Rock Twice for Roads races,I have never been so bored in My life!Now side by side racing at 190MPH!That I find intertaining!For each His own,but I can't wait to go to My next Winston Cup race. rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Damn, and I was starting to think I was alone in this world!! Not a bad race this weekend huh my friend? Looks like the kids are being heard loud and clear!!! We are the future!!! rockon.gif

Yeah, I really don't think anyone was dissing NASCAR fans, at least I didn't see it. NASCAR gets so much coverage on tv I wonder why they had to takeover my beloved Speedvision. I can respect what the NASCAR drivers do and what NASCAR is all about but sitting through 5 minutes of it is torture, same with IRL. I miss all the ALMS, Trans Am and GT programming. They can take away anything but my GT World Challenge! redface.gif

I`ve always thought that I was born in the wrong generation. I like what motorsports was, Back in the early days. Like when The first Petty`s started racing. 2thumbs.gif Now those were the good ole days of nascar.IMHO much more exciting than now rockon.gif