HybridZ

Hey Scottie GNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I know that you are a huge Buick Turbo guy and I've got one for ya!! My engine builder Sod Bogosian, from Hye Tech Performance in La Puente Ca. (1-626-575-0053) has a nasty Grand National! It's a 1986 National, 273ci twin 66mm turbo, TH-400 transbrake, Ford 9" with 3.70 gears and runs a Mickey Thompson cheater slick that measures 10" wide. With the car in race trim and the driversitting in place it wieghs 3740 lbs. The quickest pass to date has been an 8.90 @ 158!!!!! I watched some video footage of the car at Irwindale at the 1/8 and the car did a wheelstand, put the tires back down, stood up again, and proceeded to blow the tires off to run 122mph through the lights!!! He turned the boost up on launch for the next pass and had to shut it down after another BIG wheelstand!!! The announcer was impressed and the crowd loved it!!! If it strikes your fancy you should give this guy a call. I've dealt with ALOT of guys in this industry and this huy is without a doubt the nicest, most honest guy I've ever encountered!! He built two 383 engines for me and my brother a couple of months back and the work is impeccable. I not only foung an incredible engine guy I honestly feel I have found a good friend along the way. I call him once a week or so to shoot the s-it with him and see how things are going. He's putting my wild 332ci SBC together for my Z in the next couple of months and I can't wait to see what that little monster screams like. Anybody that lives in Southern Cal. needs to look this guy up if you need machine work or assembly, especially if you are looking for some quality head porting! This guy works magic!!! He builds all the project motors for Chevy High Performance including the "Project Agent 87" and a 391 stroker that was in the mag a couple of months back!! You can find ads for his shop(Hye Tech Perf.) in every issue if Chevy High performance. I thought I would pass this stuff on to you and to anybody looking to build a motor in the near future. He specializes in SBC but the GN motors have a big place in his heart and has been known to make some nasty BBC's as well. I cannot stress enough that this is one class act and a very reputable shop. Give the man a call and tell him Jason told you to call and BS with him about the Nationals, he loves that stuff!!! flamedevil.gif

Jason,

thanks for the heads up and I will file his info away. 8.90 @ 158 in a 3740lb car is about 1,150rwhp, so that makes it a $tageII motor. Friggin awesome powerplant. Not sure why he is running only a 10" tire unless he is trying to run in a special Buick class. He could probably spin those all the way through the 1/4-mile.

Guest Anonymous

The car is a street car!! Now I'm not going to say it's a daily driver but it does actually see some street time. I'm not sure what the plans are for sure but I know some wheelie bars are in the near future to stop those gnarly wheelstands. I don't jnow about you but I definently like a 10" tire going 8's more than a whole tub job going 7's! You could actually make the mistake of thinking you have something for it at the stop light, I never assume I'm going to beat a tubbed car! There was this old Galaxie that I ran into one time that was tubbed and had a healthy 390 and I showed him tailights pretty bad but that my friend is another story... hold onto Sod's # and if you ever want a second opinion get ahold of him and he will spend some time with ya... take her easy Scott and continue on with the turbo V6 tirade through the staging lanes!!!! flamedevil.gif

Guest Anonymous

Holy crap 1150 hp out of 273 inches? Thats 4 HP per cu in or there abouts.... That is insanity. I tell ya one of these days I'm gonna need to put one of those rockets into something. (well maybe not 1150 hp, Scotties setup is as much as I'd ever need). :D

Regards,

Lone