HybridZ

Mikes curve ball and Myrons Monkey Wrench

MYRON

Mike I gotta tell you that I feel your pain and that I hope for the best for you and Donna.

I too have been in such a similar situation as you have. I have to say that it is great to hear your optimism and to see the outporing of support

by the members of this forum....

After many economic hard times with my previous employer I had to just get out of a bad situation. I started a new career about 75 miles south of where I was living. I had to rent my house out and we are now staying with the inlaws to get back on our feet.. That was my curve ball..

Here is my monkey wrench in the gears. We found out last month that our 19 month old son Jake was diagnosed with ASD(Aatrial Septal Defect) a congenital heart defect that requires open heart surgery. The doctors told us not to worry and that these things sometimes go for many years undetected without causing too much harm. They also said that we should have the surgery done inside of a year and that the doctors schedule the most severe cases first... We got a call a few weeks ago and was told that the surgery was scheduled for this month. As if our stress level was not already maxed out at the career change and move!... I am sure everything will work itself out for both of our families... HANG IN THERE!!!!

Myron

Hybriz member #4

Guest Anonymous

Gosh Myron, I'm sorry to hear that, I hope and pray the child's surgery goes ok. They are so good at open heart surgery now a days its remarkable. I wish you and yours the best in this stressful time and will keep good thoughts about the outcome. In the end, Love and family is the only thing we have, the rest of this stuff we call life is just distraction from that.

Kindest regards,

Lone

Myron,

My heart goes out to ya. That surgery is not to be trivialized, but I have a kid in our extended family who had to have that surgery three years ago and he is fine now. The younger it is handled, the better the rate of success, and the more likelyhood a full recovery.

I'm with you and Lone, don't know what is in the 2002 water, but there is a funk about the start of this year...can't wait to put this one behind me!

Mike

Wow, Myron, things sound pretty stressful. When your kids come up ill, it's always stressful! You and your family are in my prayers. Things will turn around!

It does seem like open heart surgery is like an oil change these days - practice sure has made it alot better!

Having a hobby sure does help you get through these things. So does having a big extended family like HybridZ!

Thanks Pete. I have done alot of research lately on both the surgery and the surgeon. Turns out the surgeon(Dr. Taylor)is world renound for his work and he has been written about in all the big medical journals. He does these operations on newborns and people come to him from around the world. Texas Childrens is also supposedly the best care facility in the US for this kind of procedure.... It is just VERY HEARTBRAKING seeing your little one go through this and not to mention seeing all the other children and their parents at the hospital waiting for their appointments.. It will tear you up for sure..

Myron

Guest RON JONES

My Kids are SO SO IMPORTANT to Me.I can't even think of what I would be feeling if I was in your shoes.My heart goes out to You and your family.It sounds like it should work out fine,But like you,I'd be stressed out.Hang in there.

Myron, just read your thread after Mikes...wowsers, best of luck with everything. I'm VERY glad you got a near future surgery date. Waiting sucks and once he's had the operation it'll all be downhill from their a day at a time. Keep your pitcher's full (see my reply to Mike's thread) and may the force be with you and yours.

MYRON

My good buddy's son had an operation due to a heart murmer when he was 11 months old. That was sometime ago. Currently he plays soccer with my 13 year old son! Pray; There is someone who watches over all of us. He won't burden us with anything we can't handle. You got a family here that care's more about you than your latest car modification.

Although you do need to get back to work on that Z!

We are here if you need us.

Len

Thanks for the support guys. I need all I can get!.. As soon as Jake recovers from this deal

my wife and I are going to really start looking for a house. Hopefully on with a BIG garage like my last one!... Rumor has it that my Z's front suspension is ready for me to pick it up at the chassis shop.. Maybe with the next 60-90 days I will be able to start tinkering with it again..

Myron

Wow,

Curve balls indeed. 2002 is proving to be a trying year for a lot of us. I have been in similar work situations in the past, Mike. I think you are dealing with it far better then I ever did. I hope Donna comes right. Lone, That one was out of the blue. Myron, look after the little fellow. I dont really know what else to say. I hope you are all holding up well.

Hopefully we can all sit around a table (or a zed) having a few coldies and say "remember 2002, that really rocked the boat...."

All the best Guys,

Douglas

Guest bang847

My prayers go out for you guys (Mike & Myron)and your family.. ;) It must be hard.. but nothing you cant handle... Myron I was one of those kids that had surgery when I was young.. I think I was around 9 months? It was something regarding my lungs... I like to think I cam out alright but my friends tell me otherwise.. bonk.gif

I used to wrestle and run and all that but have grown lazy gained a gutt.. 20 some years ago I had some major surgery and I am strong as a bull moose now! But then again that was in a different country and in a different time (breakdancing & electric music) In country with the best of everything Jake is in good hands, His hands.