HybridZ

For any Hennessey fans out there

blueovalz

Man that's a real bummer. I feel awful for those guys that got ripped off, especially the dude that shelled out $124k... To think that I had actually respected Mr. Hennessy and his creations just makes me sick after hearing that he's nothing more than a hustler hiding behind his tuning facade... I used to think of him as the RUF, Gemballa or Brabus of the Viper world.... I can't even say how disgusted I am with this caraciture of a human being but man...that's revolting! I hope those guys get their justice and Mr. Hennessy get's his...

I have a little story closer to home.. My old man

services the equipment(wheel balancer/lifts ect.) in Hennesseys shop. My dad did service for him and he DID get paid in a timely fashion. I also have a good friend that had Hennessey do a job on his Corvette Z06 and the car is a SCREAMER. There were no issues encountered with the transactions with Hennessey that I am aware of on these deals. I am not trying to defend him because I do not know him, but my dad knows him pretty well. These 2 situations are different then some of the things posted on the net in the fact that his shop is only a few miles away and one usually does not "crap in his own back yard"... Again not trying to defend Hennessey in any way, just trowing in my 2 cents worth..

Guest Locutus

I look at this from the point of view that these people are posting it on the internet and there have been no major news stories or magazine articles on Hennesey yet, so you have to read it with caution. I would wait for the final verdict from the courts and whatever maybe before casting judgement on someone that most of do not know. Every business has disgruntled customers, you can't make everyone happy. I would not do business with the man till this is all cleared up, but I would also wait for the whole story before everyone jumps on the bandwagon to lynch the man either. Just my .02 cents.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

There are several Viper owners in S.E. VA that are part of a class-action lawsuit against Hennesy,and considering how much money they make, I have no doubts they will win especially since one is a hot shot lawyer from VA Beach.

Man this is Crazy.... Guy I work with has family in Texas, about 8 miles up the road from The HMS facility and apparently the word is spreading around John's associates that he knows the AXE is gonna fall on his business soon.

Crazy Crazy Crazy...

I wish I had the chance to build cars for people... wouldn't unfold like this I tell ya.

Mind you, Hennessey still hasn't said one word in his defense, which is strange for such a normally VERY outspoken man...

Mike bonk.gif

Who would have ever thought that an hour ago I clicked on this thread thinking it was about alcohol :D:D Kinda funny , after reading all of that it sounds alot like how people on the Z forums feel about places like MSA and TEP. I do have to agree though , this guy was ripping all sorts of people off. Its unforunite that there has to be places like this around. It kindof casts a shadow over other shops that tune cars because people may think "oh that shop ripped off so and so and this new shop could rip me off" so they dont want to take thier business anywhere.

Oh and I think for $130k I could tune a viper :D:D:D

....Well the key to bad press with a shop or a vendor should be repeatable bad service with a number of differing customers. If you have one or two people from the same car club bashing a guy, then it isn't very level for playing hammer the big bad tuner... But HMS has a large number of folks from across the country that are VERY unhappy with his business practices.

Mike rolleyesg.gif

The whole idea here is to do your own work and you`ll never have to worry about getting screwed.

For the money these guys have shelled out.

I would attend one of the reputable performance oriented schools around the country and do the work myself. Or at least get together with some other viper guys on the net and trade ideas,as we do here.

Even if you screw up a few things I think in the end you would still come out ahead.

Not to mention the self satisfaction you get from doing it yourself. rockon.gif

see page 6 of april 8th issue of autoweek.a full page article with names of people that have had problems with mr.hennessey.i have heard of the same kind of problems with a certain import performance shop in hollywood ca.best to build your own car or buy a new car the does what you need it to do with out modifications.piant shops are the worst for screwing around with cars.

The Viper Club and Corvette club BBs are having fun with this news... The Autoweek article is gonna have to be addressed by the other MAJOR auto publications... Several of them have been accused of tayloring test drives to favor HMS products... Hopefully the Rags will all jump on this news... Gonna be hard for them to ignore it now...

Mike twak.gif

Couple of things... anyone with that kind of cash to lay out for a hobby car does NOT have the time to attend school to wrench on it much less the time to spend wrenching on it except maybe once in awhile. The guys that sent big bux his way were busy making more bux while HE was supposed to be working on their cars. I've been there myself, with a MUCH smaller $ amount. I got hosed GOOD by a shop in Maryland that is STILL in business bonk.gif By the time I got my car back I just wanted it HOME with me. I then spent weeks tryng to sort it out and undid some of their bad work too.

As for magazine tests... There's word out that one mag shot rolling pics of a car that wasn't running! It was TOWED and the strap Photoshopped out. The specs printed for the car were "expected" performance nunbers. Lot's of car mags do silly things but this was pretty bad IMO. SportCompact seems to be good, Turbo not bad, Super Ford was good I thought. MM&FF seems good, they've even printed drag tests of GM cars beating featured Mustangs :eek: Some of the others I dunno' about. Some of the Saleen tests I've seen vs what shows up on the dyno have been "suspicious". Hrm, so maybe MM&FF isn't AS bad but still a little bad? (lol) After all, how often do BAD articles get printed about anything in these things? Anyone else laugh at reported 5RWHP gains? C'mon that's dyno jitter and can be from a cooler engine too. I've SEEN this with my own eyes in back to back tests of the same car. nono.gif

Will be interesting to see what Hennesey does. SupraForums has also been ALL over this for awhile. Harder to be a crook these days with the wEB connecting everyone. FWIW guys in my area have been calling him a crook for awhile - at least a year - so this has been awhile coming.