HybridZ

danny's datsuns - good or bad?

jzd14

i found this guy danny in oregon who supposedly has a junk yard with loads of z's in it

he quoted me a price of $490 for a 5-speed and a driveshaft

my question is - do any of you guys have any experience dealing with this guy, and if so, was it a good or bad experience

also, is this a good price for these items?

thx

Guest Anonymous

I live in Oregon and feel the price on the 5 speed and the drive shaft needs a tube of vaseline included. I have a 5 speed and drive line out of a 77 Zee that I will sell for 200.00 plus shipping and I am not in the business of selling parts.

Guest Anonymous

jzd,

I don't wanna cast any ill light, but since you're trying to extract opinion on hear I'll give you some local experiences (I'm 5 miles from OR). A friend I've met through NWZ club was looking for a decent parts car for his early '74. He found and emailed danny, and was told of a "great condition Z interior/exterior, no motor/drivetrain. Low miles, very little surface rust" And foremost "NO cancer." Well, my friend payed danny, and had the 260 towed to his driveway. When he got the home, he found, for lack of better words, a pile of crap sitting in his driveway. He payed $600 total, for a car which he was using for some interior (seats etc), and the 1/4 panels. The seats were ripped, and the quarter panels were rusted nearly all the way through- they were worse than the Z they were supposed to be for. No cancer indeed. Danny's refused to refund him, so he basically payed $600 for a car which had to be smashed- it wasn't even good enough for parts. Morale: don't always trust people's description if there's a margin of opinion or exaggeration involved. At least get pictures and agree to a refund, if you don't get what you were told. I have not dealt with danny personally, nor does my own opinion reflect what I've written. I'm just telling you about a bit of misfortune a friend had with Danny's Datsuns. This was over a year ago, perhaps he has changed his policy. I certainly wish Zbarn were closer to WA. Good luck

-980mak rockon.gif