HybridZ

Is there an advantage to the MSD on a L26

Guest rick458

Guest rick458

would it be worth my while to run a MSD 6AL on my 260

it has stock head no mods I will be replacing the Flattops

(even though I got them smoothed out) and want to run the Monza

Headers, and a 2.5 exhaust

I'd say yes.. anything's got to be better then the stock ignition. An MSD box will give you a better/more powerfull spark, which in theory, should make ANY engine perform better.. Do you have the 6al already? If so, I'd use it.. if not (ie.. if $$$ is an issue) I'd look for a 280zx dizzy. I ran one this past summer in my 280, and had no probs. It's a heck of alot better than the crusty stock one, and simple to wire up. Bonus is that an MSD box will hook right up to it as well..(basicaly remove the black box and plug the 2 wires in to MSD box) not sure if it's as easy on the older dizzys... like your 260, or my 280.

Guest christopher griffith

I have a 1977 280Z and recently installed a Crane Cams XR3000 ignition system. Its prob. pretty close to the MSD system, pretty easy to install, but have the same question. In the instructions it tells you to disconect the stock ignition box on the pass. side wall, but when i disconnect it i get no power to my fuel pump. The guy that had the car before me did a bunch of stuff to the wiring system, so i dont know if this is somthing that would happen to a stock car, or if its messed with.