HybridZ

Hello, new guy here

Guest Won'tletmyzDie

Guest Won'tletmyzDie

Hey finally found a bunch of z guru's :)

At any rate I was wondering if you guys knew where I could get a performance ECU for my 280z that is naturally aspirated. 78 model. Also does anyone know where I can get a boot from my airflow to my throttle body to fit the big bore?

Also I have a problem. I put on headers and then went down and had exhaust put on the old z, 2 1/2" pipe. I drive it home and take it around the block, no mishaps just the car is sputtering, had to make a cheesy get there and back intake because I have the big bore throttle body. Fixed that problem. After sittin gfor a day my car won't start unless I use the gas pedal and when it is running it smokes and misses and backfires now. Checked the timing it is good and all the plugs are firing. All injectors are running to. Any help would be nice.

Welcom to the forum man. :) 'Most' of your questions (presant and future) can be answered in a search.. trust me there's TONES of info here! And the sputering/blowing black smoke thing.. heh.. the old 'Datsun FI demon' rears it's head once more.. :lol: First, you NEED a good seal on that boot (AFM to T/B) for things to work proberly.. Aside from that, I'd look at the AFM for starters.. Loose/coroded/bad conection.. worn spring, stuck flap.. or the TVS.. (throttle valve switch..) Good luck man. :)

Welcom to the forum man. :) 'Most' of your questions (presant and future) can be answered in a search.. trust me there's TONES of info here!
Thats when the search function works properly (Wasnt for me a few days ago).

But welcome to the forums, I cant help much being in Aus heh.