HybridZ

is it possible

Guest Won'tletmyzDie

Guest Won'tletmyzDie

Well once again I have a question. Is it possible to make 600 hp out of an L28 and still use street gas? I know a few friends who have some theories. I would be taking the supercharged route to pull this off and also running methanol injection to make up for the pinging. Numerous other things, have a couple of friends who build DSM motors and do pretty good so they know something about high boost and keeping it under control :) Any ideas would be nice. I wanna keep the L28 as the engine just because I love my old straight 6 and I'm never lettin it go.

well you said high boost and also supercharging.. havent yet seen a high boost SC L28ET yet.

a turbo would be better along with some nitrous.

thats my take on it.

mike

I believe going with a turbo charger rather than a superchager is the prefered route. There's a guy back east (President of one of the Z clubs) who is running a supercharger....nice install but nowhere near 600HP! I think there is only one supercharger kit available for the L6... and I believe Jim Cook Racing has them still.

You are going to need a big turbo, 63mm+ and over 25 psi, and not a upgraded T3/4. Roots type superchargers aren't very efficient so I would rule that out for your goals if you want it to be on pump gas. You will also need a large intercooler. You will definately need meth/H20 injection also for pump gas.

Guest Won'tletmyzDie

well then i guess i need to be the first... or second i heard of a Z somewhere about in australia that has a supercharger running at 18 psi.... saw pics or i wouldn't have believed it I will see if i can find the link again