HybridZ

so heres Ole Blue's motor..

Guest ON3GO

also guys i dont run the 280zx turbo ecu and harness.

im still running my 77 ecu, so maybe thats why its lower psi??

also is anybody else running there 280z with a turbo motor and still stock 280z ecu???

mike

i sent ya a email back.. i still want a valve cover.. just get back to me and let me know what kind it is and etc.

want to get it powdercoated :)

mike

That's really strange, I never got anything from you. Oh well. I have a couple 'Nissan OHC' valve covers, one is already powercoated blue (it came with an engine I bought a few months back. Let me know if you are interested in either of them. Also, please let me know what's up with the '77 5-speed you told me you had available...I'm still interested in that (another situation where you probably sent me a reply and for what ever reason I never got it).

I don't recall what the other part you needed was off hand but I have it also if you still need it.

Someone over at Zcar tested a starion ic ages ago, there was a 3psi drop across the ic at 10# of boost. To me that says a lot!

I also dont want to get off topic, but where did you or your significant other get that watch ??? I want it!!!

the watch is forsale at MSA http://www.zcarparts.com its great!

texasz send me another email, and ill reply to it using my other email address... see if that works.

if you have pics of the valve covers that would be great.

the 77 tranny i dont think is any good though, i mean it shifts okay but theres some problems i think.. tell ya about them in the email.

mike

texasz send me another email' date=' and ill reply to it using my other email address... see if that works.

if you have pics of the valve covers that would be great.

the 77 tranny i dont think is any good though, i mean it shifts okay but theres some problems i think.. tell ya about them in the email.

mike[/quote']

Email sent earlier today.

also guys i dont run the 280zx turbo ecu and harness.

im still running my 77 ecu' date=' so maybe thats why its lower psi??

also is anybody else running there 280z with a turbo motor and still stock 280z ecu???

mike[/quote']

The glory and maybe the downfall of Nissan efi until 89 is that it doesnt really have any idea what your boosting, and at the same time has no electric control over it, which would mean 4psi of boost would mean 4psi of boost with the zxt management. Bad pipes on a bad cooler bro...

The glory and maybe the downfall of Nissan efi until 89 is that it doesnt really have any idea what your boosting, and at the same time has no electric control over it, which would mean 4psi of boost would mean 4psi of boost with the zxt management. Bad pipes on a bad cooler bro...

Hate, to say it but, I think that might be right. You might try to pull the intercooler stuff off and see what your pressure drop is.

well i have a new fmic system and piping on there, so if that was the problem its now solved.

849_p40647.jpg

i still am looking up info on the MSnS system for it and i cant find any damn high psi hoses that goes from the turbo to the wastegate.. i think its 6mm? or 4mm?

still have plenty to do. but ill have the car all back together tomorrow. :)

mike

Regular vacuum hose should work as long as it doesn't tough any hot parts.

ya but what size? see i need to order it over the net, i dont have a car to get around town with.

been in the house for the last 2 or more weeks :(

mike