HybridZ

so heres Ole Blue's motor..

Guest ON3GO

849_p39765.jpg

849_p39766.jpg

849_p39767.jpg

849_p39768.jpg

looks okay i guess, i hope it runs good!!!

still have to get a few things painted and on the motor, and then install time.

should have it close to done by tomorrow night.

what ya think?

mike

Looks like they did a smooth effort on the port job !??? Have you looked up inside the ports with a pen light to inspect ? Look at the areas that sweep up to the valvestems too.

I ALWAYS love it when I have a fresh F54/P90 ported and waiting for Daddy to spank i..er,uh I mean ...ready to rock !

Looks great Mikey, I hope you were able to square up the bill with your machinist ?(the greedy bastard)

Now relax and take your time so as to enjoy this new Z birth ( don't be a whining pussy about the deadlines,for crying outloud !)

.............................VinnyZ

Is it just me or is it a little retarded to paint the block without putting an oil filter on? I'd get all that paint out of the oil filter area before you run it.

I agree - the last thing you need is for some of that paint to peel off and clog your oil passages. Some of that will be on the wrong side of the filter.

Also, don't forget to bolt that cam sprocket down. It's making me nervous just looking at it... :mrgreen: Even with the engine out of the car, it's still a pain to pull the front cover to put the tensioner back together and re-time the chain.

the cam sprocket is now bolted in place, im just having a hard time with a few gaskets and a few other stuff. tranny is bolted in place now and all the welding is done for whatever i needed welded.

should have it running by monday.

mike

gonna 4psi (stock) untill i can find what i want.

gonna run a MSD 6-BTM unit (have it) and then run a Haltech or Microtech Fuel Only type controller. so ill have a ghetto EMS but it will work fine.

mike

gonna 4psi (stock) untill i can find what i want.

gonna run a MSD 6-BTM unit (have it) and then run a Haltech or Microtech Fuel Only type controller. so ill have a ghetto EMS but it will work fine.

mike

The two stock systems I've run both were at 7 psi with an aftermarket gauge. Does yours run 4 psi?

Is it just me or is it a little retarded to paint the block without putting an oil filter on? I'd get all that paint out of the oil filter area before you run it.

Yeah I went to the same machine shop that mike did and they did the same thing to my block. I did the same to the oil pan gasket surface, because they painted that too. I was not amused, so i took a paper towel with some paint thiner to it, and got all the paint off. You'd think they would figure it out, building all those motors...

4 psi? hehe my car may actualy be able to keep up with that!

-Oliver

from all ive been told and etc 5psi is stock.. but its more like 4psi..

i have a aftermarket gauge and it always read 4 or 5psi.. not 7 everybody else says it does..

anyways motor is in, all bolted up, so is tranny, driveshaft, and car is sitting on the ground waiting for me to wire it up and put the fmic piping on.

will start by wensday at the latest!!

mike

well im sure it was the old piping.. cuz the intercooler is on Thumpers car now and its working fine for him.

ya this fmic setup i have now is pretty sweet, Thanks Austin.

but ill tell ya guys this.. sorta wish i never ever ever bought this blue Z, it sorta took all my money for the Hulk :(

oh well, you live and you learn.

mike