HybridZ

Newbie here

jsap

Hi y'all,

Just got my 76 280Z(stock, for now) last week. Been busy, so today was actually the first time I took it out for a little drive(did the emission test and pass), and I love it. I used to have a 03 350z....the 280Z is not as powerfull, but it is just as fun to drive as the 350Z. I am going to do the oil change soon, and I just want to check a few things before I jack the car up and spend hours looking for drain plug(i felt so stupid my first time to do the oil change for my SC300. Could not find the drain plug and oil filter for 2 hours!!) So, where is the drain plug for the 280Z? also, i could not find the dip stick to check the oil level, where is it?

Thanks.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

The drain plug is on the oil pan and the dipstick is sitting in your computer chair. :P

But seriously, folks... the dipstick is on the passenger side coming up from the side of the engine.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

It doesn't matter what type of oil, and you should use a weight that is appropriate for the weather. I use 5w-30 in subfreezing temps, 10w-30 in cool temps, 10w40 in warm temps, and 20w-50 when it's hot as hell.