HybridZ

Ls1 Z-32 RUNNING!!!

GB300Z

Well I got my Z running this weekend and she sounds great!!!

Down side is that the T56 will not shift as soon as the engine is on, and I have way to high fuel pressure.

Question to all LS-1 Z owners; did all of you use the GM fuel pump with the fuel regulator in it?

Thanks

Dan

Hey bro.. NICE! It's running! :D

Now's where all the annoying stuff happens.. and I see you've already got your taste of it. :wink:

Your clutch is probably not engaged fully.. my Z had that problem too. I had to keep readjusting the pedal until it was almost completely let out. It got bad to where.. it would work for a while (i.e. let me drive somewhere) and then unadjust back into the bad position. So I ended up NOT being able to put my Z into reverse when trying to leave from a Z car show!!! :( lol.. just check your pedal adjustment and make sure teh clutch is in fact engaging properly.

For fuel.. I used a walbro pump.. but I ran into the same high pressure problem too. I needed an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.. once I got that installed.. things were fixed. So give that a shot.

Awesome to see you're almost able to go for a cruise! YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!! :D

-Vann

Ah, I'm jealous of you guy with cars that roll!

The LS1 is a constant pressure, not vacuum controled. Go to SpeedInc.com and look in the fueling section for the billet regulator (the port on top of the regulator is for Forced Induction purposes). You will also need a pressure gauge to adjust it to 58 PSI. You should mount it on the fuel rail, not the firewall if you want to be NHRA legal. I have my manifold off and can send you a pic of where I put my regulator if you like.

I will be using the SpeedInc.com 255L pump. Looks like an easy swap for a 280 pump. FWIW the thread size on that pump is 10mm X 1mm.

Thanks, I'm going to use a SX Performance fuel pressure regulator. If you could take a pic that would be great. I'm just not looking forward to tapping the fuel rail for the regulator, but it will be better there than T'ing the send line right?

Thanks again (will work on the car sunday 26th, I will let you guys know how it works out on Mon.)

Thanks

-Dan

Guest ALL UC2

i just helped a friend put a ls1 in a 69 camaro, and we used a corvette fuel pressure regulator that mounts on the fuel rail and it was only like $39. but we had to tap the fuel rail and add a return line.

i believe i am going to use the adjustable inline regulator like everyone on here is useing though

is there no way that you can get the factory regulator to work??? i really like the idea of haveing everythign contained in the tank and only haveing to run one line to the fuel rail like on the ls1 camaros

Just a note on the tranny not shifting with the motor running. Do you have your drive shaft in yet? If not that will do it. Something about the output shaft free wheeling that cheeses off (tech term) the synchrows or something.

Anywho, my car did the same thing. Bolt up the drive shaft and them futts with the clutch.

Very nice fuel rails DaleMX, They look clean.

All UC2

I don't like the idea of the regulator in the tank, yes you don't have to mess with a return line but if you need to ajust you're fuel you need to open the tank. I like the idea of a aftermarket ajustable regulator with gauge under the hood better. Anyway, to make that factory camaro regulator work you would have to use the camaro fuel pump and housing. To get that think to fit in my tank is just not worth it since all

I did was put a walbro performance pump for the TT in it (150psi).

Thanks again!

-Dan

Guest ALL UC2

have you seen the camaro/firebird fuel tank swap people have been doing on 240z on here. it fits really nice and the pump and regulator are already in the tank. plus you can pick up a tank/pump assembly for about 100 dollars

i have a 15 gallon aluminum fuel cell that i was goin to use but i think i am going to sell it and go with the whole camaro tank.

im sure your tank and a 240's are different. i was just hopeing that you would have an answer to my ????

Well the fuel pressure is now at 58psi and holding. Got a gauge on the fuel rail and a regulator in the line. The big problem now is my tranny, still no luck. When the car is off, I know that its working. car will start rolling when I push the clutch in and shes in gear. But when engine is on, no go. I looked at my master and its adjusted all the way out, I must have thought about that when I installed it. Any Ideas on what to try?

Thanks again!!!

-Dan