HybridZ

need HELP quick! 60mm t-body on manifold

Guest ON3GO

putting my car back together, and im trying to make my 60mm t-body use the 280z throttle linkage.. thing is i have the cruse control 240sx t-body..

any ideas or what to do. i did a search and came up with alot of good things but nothing with ones with cruse control.. atleast none on how to make it work without a spacer. as i cant run one with my fmic piping.

thanks

mike

Pallnet and JSK can both sell you the 1" spacer, do a search to contact them. Juan I have not heard from him in ages but I know he is around. As Keeny said you need to cut the shaft down on your KA TB and re-thread it - very simple to do.

Your spacer will look like this:

8194970.jpg

8194955.jpg

8194981.jpg

Let me know if you need any other help.

Yasin

Yes, the rethreading depends on your application.

If you convert to cable throttle from a 200SX like I did in mine, the throttle quadrant poking straight up from the bolted on throttle works just fine! Just making the throttle shaft prependicular to the ground plane instead of parallell.

Then again, if you don't need the SWITCH in the TPS, and otherwise require a Potentiometer, then the 60MM T/B from an SR20 in a 90 or 91 Stanza will work fine just by removing the outer quadrant, and changing over to the earlier bellcrank---it already has a properly threaded and cut down shaft. SAme thing goes for the Stanza unit on turning it 90 degrees, you can hook up a throttle cable that way using stock quadrants, and not use the spacer.

But making one is not difficult if you have a drill press and a jig saw!

Good Luck!

i never used a TPS and i prob wont till i put the MSnS or Haltech in..

i know i know..

but i got a spacer so it should all be done soon, got a nice die and tap set too so i can modify the 240sx t-body..

mike