HybridZ

Rb26dett vs 280z

Lotus7

No!...no! ...no! I am not comparing how fast this two engines.

I am in the process of rebuilding my Rb26dett. I need some help! If anyone here knows of any interchangeable parts from the 280z or Zx that will match any parts in the RB26dett. I am tired of waiting parts in the U.S. and I am looking for other alternatives that will speed up the rebuilding. Also trying to find if this route will save me some dough. I assumed there are lots of speed performance too for the Z and hoping anyone here can give me a cross reference such as:

Valve guides

Valve seals

Crankshaft bearings

Camshaft bearings

Cooling system parts

Fueling system parts

and such..............

Thanks people...Happy New Year!

In a nutshell, nothing internal interchanges between the L-series and RB series engines. One is a chain-driven SOHC 2 valve motor and the other is a belt-driven DOHC 4 valve motor. I would hazard a guess to say that nothing external interchanges either. You have probably found that nothing is cheap for the RB series engine.

Get ahold of Matt (Cheftrd) - he is in Japan and ships to the US all the time for guys doing RB stuff.

Good Luck

Doug

In a nutshell' date=' nothing internal interchanges between the L-series and RB series engines. One is a chain-driven SOHC 2 valve motor and the other is a belt-driven DOHC 4 valve motor. I would hazard a guess to say that nothing external interchanges either. You have probably found that nothing is cheap for the RB series engine.

Get ahold of Matt (Cheftrd) - he is in Japan and ships to the US all the time for guys doing RB stuff.

Good Luck

Doug[/quote']

Thanks Doug...nice to know about this.

Is matt has a website?

Is Cheftrd is his user?

Thanks again

Matt's username is cheftrd. I don't think he has a website.

Matt Hutchens
Motorworx Race Systems
Japan

matt@motorworx.com
or call (Japan 81) 90-5932-4881

OEM parts I sell at retail (no "special RB26 mark up)
Most aftermarket stock for 10-20% discount
Most aftermarket high performance (HKS, GReddy, etc) for 10-30% discount Edited by RB26powered74zcar
website url is dead