HybridZ

Low budget+'78 280z=What should I do?

Hashi

Guest New_2_z

Im 19 and im working on my 260z. right now my car is crap but im doing everything by myself or getting help free of charge from others. i guess you can say im on a budget to but im not letting that hold me back. im going to college next year so i gotta have money for that to. do what makes you happy. you can find a cheap l28et and rebuild it. your l28 na motor can be a power house. not as powerful as a turbo but u can get some respect out of it. i know u are not going to hear what u want but its your car so do what u want to it. just rember cheap does not = fast :/

I have been working on my 78 for a while now. Very slowly mind you. I don't really have the space to do much. But I have been planning what I can. I allready have the JTR radiator in there with the L6 and i am putting on the toyota calipers and vented rotors, new suspension etc. The car has been way cheaper than car payments and really reliable. It only stranded me once (alternater) While not cheap, in the few years I have had my 900 california car I have spent maybe 3k. Probably more than it looks like. The engine is old but runs. In a month the suspension will be fully replaced and the brakes all new and redone. Not too bad. All that will be left will be the drivetrain and body work. Regardless of what you do I liked the ability to keep it as a daily driver and to progressivly update items that I will need updated for when a faster newer engine is in its place. Good luck and what ever you do have fun,

Kyle