HybridZ

crank angle sensor?

KAZU

Hi, I'm new to the RB26 swap. I've just got a bare engine, no harness.

I have a DTA P8Pro with l28 in my 240z right now. Wiring modification for RB turbo itself isn't so hard for me but one thing:

Nissan crank/camshaft angle sensors are quite unique. I don't think most of the aftermarket ECU can be connected with the sensor. So, what setup are you guys using?

1.genuine nissan harness and nissan ECU

2.SDS crank sensor with a trigger magnet on the crank pulley

3.modified nissan crank/camshaft sensor to get ritht signals for your aftermarket ECU

I'd rather do 3 but i'm not sure it can be done. Thank you in advance.

Hi' date=' I'm new to the RB26 swap. I've just got a bare engine, no harness.

I have a DTA P8Pro with l28 in my 240z right now. Wiring modification for RB turbo itself isn't so hard for me but one thing:

Nissan crank/camshaft angle sensors are quite unique. I don't think most of the aftermarket ECU can be connected with the sensor. So, what setup are you guys using?

1.genuine nissan harness and nissan ECU

2.SDS crank sensor with a trigger magnet on the crank pulley

3.modified nissan crank/camshaft sensor to get ritht signals for your aftermarket ECU

I'd rather do 3 but i'm not sure it can be done. Thank you in advance.[/quote']

I haven't seen #3 done before, as the work to put a pick-up and reluctor in the the place of the optical sensor would involve much more work than machining the crank pulley for either magnets or a multi-tooth wheel. Also, one big reason many people with high rpm RB's (9,000 and over) ditch the cam angle sensor is because of spark scatter associated with it. The timing belt is flapping like mad at high rpm's.

The timing belt is flapping like mad at high rpm's.

I agree with you by theoritically. Another reason if the adjustable cam gear is lotated, genuine sensor shaft is also lotated, then the sensor doesn't know anymore where TDC is. But I wonder why I've never seen a crank triggered spark RB in Japan.

It seems difficult for me to put tooth wheel on the Nissan crank pulley because pulley is bigger than tooth wheel I have. Does anyone have pics tooth wheels on pulley?

Thanks.