HybridZ

z31s and rb20det...

lilj

I've been contemplating this in my head for quite a while... basically I've been thinking about the fact that the z31 in japan came with a rb20det. I can't think of why it wouldn't just drop in, as far as sittin in the engine bay anyway. Even considering the transmission and drivetrain. The majority of it should just drop in and go.. However, I understand there would be clearence issues with steering and what not but my real question is, does the 200zr use the same front x-member and mounts? or would the x-member from a 200zr fit right into a usdm z31? If anyone has any information on this I would greately appretiate it. I can't exactly read or speak japanese so googling a 200zr doesn't yield much results. Also, where would I go about finding a 200zr clip? Or a source for the mounts and what not? Also, if a 20 fits, wouldn't a 25/26?

Thanks,

-Jon

Yeah I went through a few more posts last night and noticed what kinda things were said to be needed to swap rbs into the datsun Z cars (older ones I mean =P). Most of which stated z31 mounts, pan, etc. So now if only I can either find a clip or a source for the mounts. Obviously I don't have the straight money to drop right away, nor do I have a place to swap atm. However, I'm shooting for sometime in May to put money on a motor and get everything I need. So basically now I'm just doing research to find out where/when/how and what not. If anyone has done this swap or has links to anyone who has done it I'd appretiate it. I'm just trying to find a swap where it doesn't require a whole lot of custom fabricating... and I'd imagine an rb would be the easiest thing considering it DID come in the same car =P

Later,

-Jon