HybridZ

I got my Rick Wong mounts today. and other news...

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

My mounts came in today. Now, I need to figure out who to get the Supra mounts from. I think autozone can order them for me. BAP/GEON, can't even get them which was huge surprise to me. They have everything for all imports. I still find it odd that he used such an odd isolator for these. He could have used anything.

The news is ATI makes a Super Damper for RB26's. I'm gonna call Monday and get the skinny. The website shows about 6 differant part numbers and it's kind of confusing. So, I'm gonna call them and see what's what. I also emailed Eagle and told them they should make rods for RB26's. I haven't gotten a reply. That was about a week and a half ago.

I like the idea that US performance manufacturer's are taking the time to make parts for such a small market engine.

Funny that you mention the ATI damper, I just bought one. They make a direct replacement one and a race version. After talking with them a while, I opted for the race one. My motor will be putting down a minimum of 500hp and be spinning at close to 9 grand. If you go for the race one, you will need to decide how many components you will be running. The super damper does not have and serpantine pulleys on it stock, you will need to instruct them on your needs. I only needed the one pulley, for the water pump and alternator. They put on a Chevy six groove pulley. The RB uses a four or five groove I can't recall at the moment. This is not really a big deal. With my SR20 powered Roadster, I had a similiar situation. I found that just making sure the belt tension was right kept it from ever jumping off. Now, that said, the damper is absolutely awsome. The quality is top notch and the instructions are clear. Of course quality is not cheap. My damper cost a bit over $450 delivered, so keep this in mind.

Brian

Guest JAMIE T

Engine longevity is priceless...

$450 is a drop in the bucket when considering how much it would cost if you trashed a crank or block do to relying in stock parts on a race motor.

I'm gonna just be running an alternator and waterpump also. Though I do plan on seeing if CSI will make a pump an electric pump. What is the differance between the OE replacement and the race version? With either one, does the engine need to be re-balanced?

So, are you going to be using a GM 1 wire type alternator with a serpentine drive?

My Infinity Machining mounts came in today. In case anyone is wondering... this is what they look like:

9dd_Picture.jpg

A guy I know installed an earlier set on his RB25 and had to do some trimming to clear the forward oil return line. This set appears to have a relief already incorporated. We shall see tonight!

Guest JAMIE T

Joel... I was thinking about your mounts when I was unwrapping mine this weekend. It was hard to see in your pics what you actually had to do for clearance. Thanks for letting us know that these (and mine) are clearanced already. I'm gonna get mine anodized with some other parts for corrosion resistance and long lasting beauty:)

FWIW, I ordered my ATI balancer today. Should have it in a week or so. They are only a state away, but they need to build it.

For those who don't understand what we are refering to, look at my mount in this pic below. The mount needs to be strait up and down, not cocked to the right at the bottom. I was not able to move the bottom of mount over because of hitting the oil drain pipe, so I cut a L shape out of it for clearnce... problem solved...

8113New_Motor_going_together0004-med.jpg