HybridZ

Any one know V8 engine Identification in 1981 GMC pick-up

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Every time I see an old forlorn Z , I stop and inquire about it's availability to hual away (free). Today this woman told me her beloved Z was not for sale but she had two pickups for free. A 1980 Nissan and a 1981 GMC. The GMC has a chevy looking V8 with 3 speed automatic. Is it Chevrolet SBC??? Any one know about these engines?? The wife was with me and I did not want here catching on till the pick-up is in the yard while she is at work (tee hee) I have engine #'S TO IDENTIFY.The woman thought it would run and said it was more motor than the pick-up could handle in the hands of her never-do-well son.

Guest Anonymous

Greimann... Printed out the SBC #'s. My free garage sale motor is a 2 or 4 bolt 350 (3970010) and the SBC in the van which the sticker under the hood says: 5.0 liter is a 2 or 4 bolt 350 (3970014)....Dan Juday.. I am sorry but I gotta 350 like the #'s sez! or just like Georgia Flash's Camaro motor. And of course the Edelbrock equipped SBC in the Monte Carlo is a 350. Now to check the cylinder heads and hope for 2.02/1.60 valves like Georgia Flash's. Will go check the 1981 GMC pick-up out Wednesday and bring it home while the wife is at work. I wanna read 400/4bolt on that JIMMY!!!! I am in the process of stripping out a 1977 Zee to make room. Cut it up and haul it to the scrap yard and store the parts. 2 more junkers Zee's to go!(and then I will get more)