HybridZ

machine shop estimate?

DETurbine

Well it is about that time to tare my motor out of my car (have an RB25DET (Inline 6 clyinder)) and start disassembling it. Last summer I lost compression by leaning it out a little to much and a few other issues that caused it to give out. Did a compression check on it and it was as followed (starting at cyl.1 down the line to #6): 110,110,111,110,110, 25. There is oil inside the intake, intercooler, piping, and down the intake manifold into the head. I am thinking that it is either the rings or lands, probably most likely the lands, I am ready to finally tare it out of the car (got the wiring, turbo, intake manifold, and hoses off), just need to take off the tranny mount and cross member and it is out. I will then disassemble it and see what happened. Any other way I am thinking that I am going to have to get new pistons, so I am going to order up some 87mm Wiseco's here pretty soon. Is there anyone that has taken there motor to a machine shop of have any friends that have?

I am trying to get a ruff price together to see how much it is going to cost me.

Here is what I need to have them do:

1. Mill the head (which I need them to disassemble the head to get the valves out).($60/hour)

2. Bore the block (I will disassemble the block myself).($180 is their price to bore out a 6cyl.)

3. Assemble the block back together with forged pistons. ($60/hour)

4. Check the clearance of everything on the block (pistons, bearings, etc...).($60/hour)

5. Put together the head ($60/hour)

6. Check the clearance of the valves. ($60/hour)

I just wanted to get a ruff estimate on what the following 6 jobs will cost me. I am not sure on how long it will take them to do all those and that is why I am asking you guys, because they are not even sure.

Thanks,

Zach

(There is oil inside the intake, intercooler, piping, and down the intake manifold into the head. I am thinking that it is either the rings or lands, probably most likely the lands,)

If there is oil there (pre-combustion) than that oil residue is most likely the turbos thrust bearings giving out ! No doubt from your Compression test your ring lands /upper ring are worn.

I might add here.......I've noticed ALOT of guys that run mid grade aftermarket filters are eating dirt and prematurly wearing out their rings.......not saying YOU have ,just making the note !

Hopefully you were wanting a turbo upgrade and this just gives you that reason to do it.......what a bummer,lol.

Vinny