HybridZ

R33 Skyline Turbocharger

Drax240z

I have a chance to buy one of these with 67,000km relatively cheap. Just wondering if anyone has any info on them. I know it's a T3 flange, ceramic turbine, plastic compressor, and it's ball bearing. Looking for something that will be more reponsive than the stock T3 and maybe this is it!

Anyone know exhaust A/R, flow rates, etc? I know these don't like to be pushed past 15psi.

I have a chance to buy one of these with 67' date='000km relatively cheap. Just wondering if anyone has any info on them. I know it's a T3 flange, ceramic turbine, plastic compressor, and it's ball bearing. Looking for something that will be more reponsive than the stock T3 and maybe this is it!

Anyone know exhaust A/R, flow rates, etc? I know these don't like to be pushed past 15psi.[/quote']

I don't belive the R33 came with ball bearing turbos... may be after market tho

Guest Aguyandaredhead

OK in short the R33 Rb25det was a Nissan casting that was an offshoot of the T28 that we know Garrett made. It is a Ball bearing unit and it is not a plastic comp wheel. It is a ceramic Wheel and it is safe to spin up to 12psi daily, I would even say to 14psi on very rare occasion with short pulls. The wheel is not the weak link it is the glue (epox) that holds it on that gives way under the heat. This being said it is a fairly fast spool up with less rotational mass than a turbo with the steel wheel, but just not as tolerant of extreme heat..

Hope this helps..

Jeff

Aren't N1's the RB26DETT turbos?

Someone here must know what the RB25DET came with for a turbo.... even if you can confirm any of the info I've posted that would be helpful' date=' it's hard to find much on the net about this turbo.[/quote']

Sorry Drax, I assumed you were talking R33 Rb26 turbo. I should keep my mouth shut unless I can answer with certainty :|

• 8 years later...
  • 5 months later...

A little late to see this but I am currently running one of these turbos. It's great under 12psi. Spool is nearly instant. I'm afraid of leaving it at 14psi for risk of the glue going out. I'll probably be going with a holset variant and putting this up for sale in a little while. I want more boost!