HybridZ

Project 302

Guest Nemesis280ZX

Guest Nemesis280ZX

Whats up guys. I'm doing a 302 swap from a 89-93 into my 280zx 1982. I'm gonna take out my fenders on the inside of my engine bay and bring it in to my work and then when I have my engine and tranny bought, Im gonna bring in that too and put in on an engine joyce and drop in the engine bay and make some measurements so I can build some motor mounts.

Does anyone have any tips in what I'm doing? Should I go through this to get these mounts?

Miguel

Guest 305240

Don't take off the inner fender panels as they are a very importent part of the unibody construction. They don't unbolt, you will have to cut them off. The front header panel is also welded in. If you take the hood and front end off and the rad, it's pretty easy to see where you will need the mounts to go.

• 7 years later...

FYI, anyone you see named "Guest xxxxx" means they WERE members. A few years ago the format was updated on HybridZ, and if you didn't reply to the 'reply or else we'll delete your account email' you became a 'Guest'. So... don't expect a response from these guys. You can probably use the standard S30 302 mounting design and just widen it for your S130 engine bay.