HybridZ

A few RB questions

GTR-240Z

After 6 months of my car sitting on axle stands while I very slowly rebuild the suspension I should soon be ready to fit the engine but I've got 2 questions I would like opinions on before I start this from people who have already transplanted RB's into there zed's.

1, The guy who prepared my engine strongly recommended having the sump enlarged as he said the 200ZR sump had too small an oil capacity for the engine. Has anybody else enlarged there sump's or are they running with stock sized 200ZR sumps ok.

2, What's the best way to install the engine and gearbox. Engine first then fit the gearbox from underneath. Or fit the box and engine together.

Thanks in advance.

After 6 months of my car sitting on axle stands while I very slowly rebuild the suspension I should soon be ready to fit the engine but I've got 2 questions I would like opinions on before I start this from people who have already transplanted RB's into there zed's.

1, The guy who prepared my engine strongly recommended having the sump enlarged as he said the 200ZR sump had too small an oil capacity for the engine. Has anybody else enlarged there sump's or are they running with stock sized 200ZR sumps ok. Mine has been ok for 4 years now it holds 4.75 qts just like the stock rb25. I dont think the stock gtr sump holds much more

2, What's the best way to install the engine and gearbox. Engine first then fit the gearbox from underneath. Or fit the box and engine together.

Install together... its much easier to figure out where all the mounts need to go if you still have to weld anything. hood is rmoved and the z engine bay is long enough to accomodate installing motor and tranny connected together.

Thanks in advance.

1, The guy who prepared my engine strongly recommended having the sump enlarged as he said the 200ZR sump had too small an oil capacity for the engine. Has anybody else enlarged there sump's or are they running with stock sized 200ZR sumps ok.Thanks in advance.

Maybe a larger oil filter or a dual remote mount with 2 filters and/or an oil cooler for added volume/capacity.