HybridZ

Pics custom 3"dp W/external WG all stainless

datsunan

Its almost done still need to weld on the bung for the o2 and get a flare for the connection to my exhaust pipe. Hope it works, I put alot of time and thought into making it. Installed flex connectors on both dp and wg dump pipe to absorb thermal expantion. Found a 3" v-band clamp at work that need some minor modification but should work out great. Can't wait to see the performance improvements, hope it is worth the work!

down_pipe_008.jpg

down_pipe_010.jpg

down_pipe_001.jpg

down_pipe_005.jpg

Sorry John but, HELL NO! It was way to time consuming, I would have to charge like $700 to make it worth my while. I supose it would not be to bad if I had not had to make the dp angles by cutting and welding the peaces together. But then again the cost of materials would go up if I had to buy 3" stainless mandrel bends.

Auxilary, the large flex is off a older turbo diesel Mec, It even has some nice band clamps on either side of the flex if wanted to cut and weld the flanges that it used, and the smaller is made of Cool Flex radiator hose. I had picked up a 1" in dia. flex off a non turbo mec but it was a little small for the WG. we have.

10031flex_found_001.jpg

Very nice! I am trying to figure out how you set up this external, I am trying to figure out how I will be doing mine. Right now my turbo is internally gated and I was thinking about buying the block off flange and cut into the manifold but the only room seems to be the number 6 runner which wont vent all the cylinder pressure. Some people say use the existing internal wastegate hole and just port match it to the external wastegate port size. From the looks was this turbo internal and you used the block off flange or what? Any info appreciated.