HybridZ

1982 280zx L28 Turbo Motor?

Guest castonz

Guest castonz

I have been looking and looking, and i can not seem to find an lL28 turbo motor. Right now i have a N/A L28 in my 280zx and i need to put a turbo motor in it. But like i said i cant seem to find one does anyone no where i could possibly get one. Is a salvage car my best bet? Also what about L28 motors form 81 or 83 or any other year would thoes motors mount up or would i take alot of fabrication? A crate motor would be the ideal here but I cant seem to find such a thing! Any suggestions??

Guest castonz

What L6 motors do you suggest?? Sorry for the Begginer questions i just am making sure i do this right. What i got from others is i should swap a factory turbo motor out of a 280zx. Is there any benifit to go with another motor?? If so what would be a good choice???

Guest DoTheDrew888

The L28det (turbo) is the most powerful stock L6 that you can get. The L28 with the P79 head and flattop pistons is the most powerful stock N/A L6.

All L6 engines are direct bolt ins to all 70-83 240z/260z/280z/280zx as far as motor mounts and trannies go. Your best bet to do the swap is to buy a running 280zx turbo car and transfer from it to your car.

I'm selling one of my turbo 280ZX's, but I'm in CA, so that probably doesn't help. ^^

• 3 years later...
Guest jordi801
I have been looking and looking, and i can not seem to find an lL28 turbo motor. Right now i have a N/A L28 in my 280zx and i need to put a turbo motor in it. But like i said i cant seem to find one does anyone no where i could possibly get one. Is a salvage car my best bet? Also what about L28 motors form 81 or 83 or any other year would thoes motors mount up or would i take alot of fabrication? A crate motor would be the ideal here but I cant seem to find such a thing! Any suggestions??

i have one. how much do you want to pay me? its a rebuilt engine.