HybridZ

vh45de intake manifold

I have to agree(sorry pope).I too hate the "spider" intake.Just a matter of taste I guess.Its bulky,hangs over the side and just generally looks crappy to me.The good news is it unbolts from the lower intake tubes and a little(ie lot) of fab work should net a nice front air valve setup.I was wondering if the Titan intake might work?Something along the lines of a LS1 or long runner TPI would look cool too.Also need to simplify the coolant routing to the heads underneath the intake.It looks like poop also.

Guest Battle Pope
it makes it look like the engine is mounted transversley

I know. Adds to the sleeper effect.

Honda Civic Owners = 0

Q-ship = 3

:D

And yes, I would imagine any nissan V8 intake would work.

It looks more like an octopus to me than spider. Is your car going to be a show car? If not, why do you care about the look of engine. It's under the hood, as long as it's making "enough" power, not many people is going to see it anyway.

Guest Battle Pope
I'm making an independant runner manifold for mine with 8 suzuki hayabusa throttle bodies. Should look OK when it's done, similar to TVR cerbera style.

: shock and awe :

Ohhh man. I wanna see pics!

Guest Roaces

Funny this should come up. Im designing up a Trick-*** intake at the moment. Dual Plane tuned Hemholtz resonator type intake. But, that means I need 2 throttle bodies. And... 2 mass airflow sensors... And have to replace the entire computer.... Anyway, Its getting expensive. And, I dont even have the engine out of the Q. I will try to get to the point where I can render somthing in cad (Autodesk Inventor). Somehow I think this will end up too expensive for me to actually get one working.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, sorry its been so long since I've posted...been so wrapped up in all the new 1UZ/2UZ parts.

Anyways, here is the completed 1/2UZ intake manifold. It is flanged for, you guessed it, the Q45 throttle body.

Again, sorry to keep everyone waiting!

IMGA0920.jpg

IMGA0926-copy.jpg

P2010031-copy.jpg