HybridZ

L28ET vs V8 vs RB etc, etc, etc

SuperDan

What conversion have you done, doing etc.  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What conversion have you done, doing etc.

• GM V8
    • GM V6
    • Ford V8
    • Nissan RB series
    • Nissan SR series
    • Nissan L6 Turbo
    • Other not listed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

588 votes so far. I'm the first mention of a VQ35 engine in this thread. Yeah I know I'm not the first to complete it, but I'm hoping to beat Mark as to the first VQ35HR installation. Needless to say I voted Other as the VQ's were new at the time this thread started, and the HR's weren't even created yet. If I had a lot more cash I would have completed things already.

Phar

If I were to do another Z swap I'd go with a Toyota 1J or 2J as much as I like the SR in there now. Despite the sometimes insane prices on Supra parts, you can still find good deals and put together a potent package. The best part is parts are more available here in the US and you still get that awesome inline 6 sound. Power levels can be rediculous still if you wanted. My brother has one in his Cressida with a single turbo and some cheap add-ons...finally had it tuned and now his clutch is slipping when he turns the boost up. Can't wait to get a ride in it someday and see this infamous power out of a sleeper.