HybridZ

L28ET vs V8 vs RB etc, etc, etc

SuperDan

What conversion have you done, doing etc.  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What conversion have you done, doing etc.

• GM V8
    • GM V6
    • Ford V8
    • Nissan RB series
    • Nissan SR series
    • Nissan L6 Turbo
    • Other not listed

I bought my car with the intention to do the SBC swap, even have the JTR book. Then I concentrated on doing the L28et, but was having a really hard time finding one here. So then about a two months ago I thought hey, a 1jz-gte would be awesome and I started saving up money for a clip, researching parts, and studying the wiring diagrams.

Then I had to stumble across a running 280zx turbo for cheap and screwed up that plan. So in the next couple of weeks, it's L28et for me.

Guest bastaad525
L28ET all the way, cheap, bolt in, and its not too hard to get them into the 12s.

Amen :D

L28ET here as well. Don't forget RELIABLE. Should be able to run a high 12 as it is right now with mostly stock equipment... if I ever get around to making it able to pass a tech inspection.

I passed on a deal for 327/T5 just before Christmas 2004. That money has since gone into the wife's Dodge caravan, my 4runner (100,000 mile service maintenance- timing chains both cars), and home improvements plumbing,paint fixtures. Finally, can focus on Z -coming soon SBC/TKO 500 and wide tires!!!!

you mean' date=' real engines and conversions, not lawnmowers?

[img']http://www.rotaryz.com/albums/20050619/PICT0167.sized.jpg[/img]

I was thinking of adding some lawn chairs in front of hte motor, you know.. lots of room

Kinda have to keep your towel on in the Gym hmmm?? Yes I understand the water was cold.

Can you say "shrinkage?"

But seriously, any smaller and that engine would be an "inney".

Sorry Aux, but you're just such a dang smartass, I had to get you back for the 15 other times you quipped me and I said nothing. :twisted:

Now I'm getting an evil thought: Put a rotary engine in a lawnmower...hmmm.

I did the ol' sbc jtr route and don't regret it. Only thing was that at first I did not have an overdrive tranny and it SUCKED. Seriously, what was I thinking? I put in a big, torquey motor so that it could have to wind up on the highway? No.

Kinda have to keep your towel on in the Gym hmmm?? Yes I understand the water was cold.

Can you say "shrinkage?"

But seriously' date=' any smaller and that engine would be an "inney".

Sorry Aux, but you're just such a dang smartass, I had to get you back for the 15 other times you quipped me and I said nothing. :twisted:[/quote']

No problem. But keep in mind, it's not the longest, but it sure is thick! I think I'll nickname my Z "stubby". Besides, it's all about how you use it, you know, whatever creams your twinkie

No problem. But keep in mind, it's not the longest, but it sure is thick! I think I'll nickname my Z "stubby". Besides, it's all about how you use it, you know, whatever creams your twinkie

Sure, I got ya and agree. Gotta love twinkies whether you're a double stuff, or just enough for a twinkie mini, it's all good.